Good country songs about relationships are not necessarily about love. Sometimes, they are about cheating, and others simply about being amazed by the person that you are with. Regardless of the content, there are a number of great country songs about being in a relationship. The ten below are not all of the great ones, but the each represent something special in country music.
- "Your Cheatin’ Heart” by Hank Williams. All country music lists should start with a song by Hank Williams. This particular number still pops up in commercials today and is an ode to a cheating lover like no other. It may be about the end of a relationship, but it works.
- “I’m Gonna Miss Her” by Brad Paisley. As with many of Paisley’s songs, this song is a bit comical. However, it does give a look at a very common argument amongst country fans. The cavalier attitude of the protagonist makes this song stand out on the list.
- “Livin’ on Love” by Alan Jackson. A happy relationship song, this one points out how much more love is worth than money. The playful lyrics help keep it snappy, as does Jackson’s voice. A great song for the current economic climate.
- “Don’t Take the Girl” by Tim McGraw. Most relationship songs focus on a short span of time. This 90s hit focuses on a life long relationship between a boy and a girl. The tearful ending is hard to take, but fits the song perfectly.
- “Amazed” by Lonestar. Amazed is quite common at weddings, and for good reason. This relationship number shows how a partner can awe their spouse for a lifetime. Still a staple of country stations to this day.
- “Crazy” by Patsy Cline. Patsy Cline deserves far more credit than she gets. This song about a woman’s love for a man is one of the all time best. It’s rare to see this kind of longing in a relationship song, but it works.
- “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash. It’s hard to do a list about country music without including Mr. Cash. This song is about a relationship that is wrong, but feels terribly right. The song itself may not be great, but Cash’s voice makes it a classic.
- “If Tomorrow Never Comes” by Garth Brooks. Oddly enough, this best selling country artist does not have a lot of songs about relationships. This song, though, encapsulates the feeling of a man towards a woman quite well. A great song about saying what needs to be said.
- “It’s Your Love” by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. A rare duet by a married couple. McGraw and Hill tell a great story of a how a relationship can change a life. It doesn’t hurt that they have two of the best voices in country music.
- “She’s in Love With the Boy” by Trisha Yearwood. This song is an oddity on a list of country songs about relationships, as it actually deals with a young love from an outside perspective. A great look at how relationships stay the same, but perspectives tend to change. The song has a great use of perspective flip towards the end.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.