Good Interview Questions To Ask
There are lots of good interview questions to ask. These questions are important because you cannot possibly know everything about a company and because asking interview questions will show that you really are investing in your career choice. For these reasons, here are some interview questions to ask:
- What is the company’s vision? This interview question will allow you to find out more about the company. Since it is an open-ended question it will encourage the person who is conducting the interview to talk openly and freely with you. Other interview questions to ask here include: What is the company’s vision? How would you describe the company’s culture? All of these questions are essentially asking the same thing and helping you to get to know the company better.
- How long have you worked for the company? Asking a personal question like this or “What is the best thing about working for this company?” is a nice touch. This interview question will show your interviewer that you see them as a person, not just someone who is interviewing you.
- How will I be appraised? What targets are in place for review? How much teamwork is there? These are three good interview questions to ask that will help you to better understand what is required of you. This interview question will also help you to have a better understanding of the type of work that you will be doing.
- What opportunities for learning and growth exist? By asking interview questions about career development you will be better equipped to decide whether or not this is the right job for you. This is especially important as you look at the long-term. So, make sure that you include this as one of your interview questions to ask.
- What is the manager like? How would you describe his leadership style? Not only will this help you to understand if this is someone whether or not you want to work for but it will also allow you to decide if this is someone whom you could be successful in working for. Of course, you should also understand that this leadership is an overall reflection on the company itself. So, this question will also help you to understand if this is the type of company that you would enjoy working for.
- Do you have any reservations in regards to my ability to do this job? This is a good way in which to find out how the interviewer perceives you personally. It will help you to understand what the possibility of you actually getting this job will be. If you are feeling really brave, then you may consider saying, “I am quite interested in this position and feel that I could do a good job for you. Do you have any reservations in regards to my ability to do this job?”