There are a number of good quotes from songs about relationships. They range from those about love to those about loss, from loneliness to fidelity. In any case, they provide an insight into the everyday workings of most relationships, and help listeners think about how their own relationships work. Below are ten great quotes, from a number of different genres and different decades.
- "There are many things that I would like to say to you/But I don't know how/ Because maybe/You're gonna be the one that saves me." (“Wonderwall” by Oasis) This song was Oasis’ biggest hit, and the lyrics were largely responsible. This particular lyric about a relationship says a great deal about how many view being with another person. In short, it can be a salvation from one’s own self.
- "All you need is love, love/ Love is all you need." (“All You Need is Love” by The Beatles) A straightforward song lyric from a remarkably straightforward band. The song is about love in general, but it applies to any relationship. Sometimes love really is all you need.
- "Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go/You have made my life complete, and I love you so." (“Love Me Tender” by Elvis Presley) The King had quite a bit to say about relationships. This song in particular gives a great reason for why he was in love. The safety and the emotion are mixed together completely.
- "I hate to look into those eyes/And see an ounce of pain." (“Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns ‘n Roses) Even Axl Rose has been in a relationship where her feelings were more important than his. This is a common feeling for those in a decent relationship, and Guns ‘n Roses gave feeling to it. Of course, the rest of the song is pretty good, too.
- "Did you ever see a robin weep when leaves begin to die? /That means he's lost the will to live/I'm so lonesome I could cry." ("So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams) Sometimes, relationships end. And when that happens, one person is often left hurt. This sense of loneliness should be familiar to anyone who has lost a loved one.
- "I feel wonderful because I see/The love light in your eyes." (“Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton”) Clapton’s songs are usually meaningful, and this one is straightforward. It feels great to know that your partner loves you, to see it in her face. Coupled with a great guitar, this song is one of the best about relationships.
- "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause for love that I can't hide." ("I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash) Fidelity is important to any relationship, and Johnny Cash would know. Though his most famous relationship grew out of an affair, he did remain true to June after their marriage. For her, he walked the line.
- "The only love for me is you, and you for me." (“Happy Together” by The Turtles) A fun, upbeat song about relationships. There is no hidden message here, only truth. When you are with the one you love, you should be willing to only be with each other.
- "You were always on my mind." ("Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson) This relationship song is largely an ode to screwing up. Who hasn’t been thinking of their partner when they have made a bad choice? Willie Nelson’s song is a great ode to love, longing, and making mistakes.
- "You are the sunshine of my life." ("Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder) Leave it to Stevie to close out the list with a simple song title. A good relationship is like having a permanent bright spot in one’s life. It doesn’t make everything perfect, but the sunshine is always there.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.