Good Rap Songs To Dance To
Whether you’re throwing a party or just in the mood to move, it helps to have some good rap songs to dance to. Upbeat rap music has an infectious quality, and if you’ve got a good song playing, you can’t help but get out of your chair and hit the dance floor.
- “Baby Got Back” - Sir Mix-A-Lot As fun as it is silly, this novelty rap song has endeared itself to millions since its release in 1992 on the album “Mack Daddy.” It features plenty of tongue-in-cheek lyrics in an ode to all things booty. Oddly enough, women love to dance to this song, and you’re sure to have a good time joining in or just watching.
- “The Humpty Dance” - Digital Underground Instructional dance songs are usually pretty cheesy, but this 1990 rap song is fun enough to dance to. Featured on the album “Sex Packets,” the song is a free-for-all anthem of individuality and creative, rhythmic wordplay.
- “It Takes Two” - Rob Base and DJ EZ-Rock When it comes to good rap songs to dance to, this one is a sure-fire classic. It’s the standout track from the 1988 album of the same title. Due to the recognizable samples featured throughout, this rap song is familiar-sounding even if you’ve never heard it.
- “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems” - Notorious B.I.G. Mase, Puff Daddy and Notorious B.I.G. combine forces on this 1997 rap song to create a masterpiece that’s perfect to dance to. Featured on the smash-hit album “Life After Death,” this song is so well-known that most people can’t help but sing along.
- “Push It” - Salt-N-Pepa With their back-and-forth vocal delivery, Salt-N-Pepa created an irresistible dance epic with this 1987 release. First featured on the album “Hot, Cool And Vicious,” this rap song is an open invitation for up-close grind dancing, thanks mostly to its gritty beats and thinly veiled sexual references.
- “O.P.P.” - Naughty By Nature If you’re wondering what the letters O.P.P. stand for, you can find the answer in the verses of this 1991 rap song. Suffice to say it’s a bit naughty, so you should probably buy the album “Naughty By Nature” and figure it out before you dance to it. You can thank us later.
- “Can’t Touch This” - MC Hammer Taking a sample from Rick James and turning it into a juggernaut all his own, MC Hammer took the country by storm with this rap song from his 1990 album “Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em.” This song’s flowing bass line and memorable beat are perfect to dance to, making it a definitive rap classic.
- “In Da Club” - 50 Cent Hip-hop icon 50 Cent’s ghetto-chic style is perfect for creating good rap songs to dance to. This track was featured on his 2003 major-label debut “Get Rich Or Die Tryin’.” With its pulsating beat, this rap song has an almost metronomic quality, making it an ideal candidate for a dance soundtrack.
- “The Power” - Snap! German dance-rap group Snap! took dance floors across the country by storm with the release of this 1990 rap song. It was their one and only hit from the album “World Power.” With a high-hat driven rhythm, this rap song fits well with any style of dancing.
- “Bust A Move” - Young MC Dancing is pure fun when you’re doing it along with this 1990 rap song from the album “Stone Cold Rhymin’.” It’s a pure joy to dance to, and Young MC’s relatable lyrics about dating will have you nodding your head in agreement as you bust some moves of your own.