Good Rock Songs
Good rock songs have a great beat, a good riff, a catchy refrain and are timeless. A really good rock song will move you and bring back memories every time you hear it. We are not trying to create a list for debate here, we are just trying to point out some really good rock songs for you to listen to.
- "Rock and Roll Duty" - Kim Mitchell Kim Mitchell was part of the eclectic Canadian rock band Max Webster. When he went solo, people did not know what to expect. Mitchell's biggest hit was "Go For a Soda," but "Rock and Roll Duty" is his best straight-ahead rock song. It is a staple of Mitchell's live performances and remains a fan favorite.
- "You Shook Me All Night Long" - AC/DC The Australian band AC/DC was always know for its great rock music, but "You Shook Me All Night Long" is the song that became the band's international anthem. Fans everywhere know the refrain by heart, and the guitar solo is one of the most famous solos ever written.
- "Hey Jude" - The Beatles Few good rock songs can get an entire audience singing together with arms raised in the air like "Hey Jude." This song is not only a mainstay in Paul McCartney's set list, it is also played by a multitude of classic rock bands all over the world.
- "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who. The Who fused together several manic elements such as powerful percussion and melodic bass into some of the best rock songs ever written. This one is a song that many fans feel shows the best The Who has to offer in a single, four-minute good rock song. The drums sound like a locomotive and Roger Daltry's vocals are extremely powerful.
- "Johnny B. Goode" - Chuck Berry. This is often considered to be the first good rock song ever written. It helped to establish Chuck Berry as a star and some people even refer to this as the first real rock song ever released. It's simple structure work right along with the driving beat to help create a classic tune.