Good workout songs for running are songs with a steady beat and a catchy refrain. The steady beat is to help you keep your running pace, and the steady refrain is to keep you interested in the song. With that criteria in mind, here is a list of good workout songs for running that will help you reach your exercise goals.
- "On The Run" – Pink Floyd. "On The Run" is one of the instrumental pieces from the "Dark Side Of The Moon" album. It makes an ideal running song for a couple reasons. First, it maintains a brisk pace that can help you focus on your running tempo. Secondly, the use of stereo sound by Pink Floyd and the many different sound effects make this song interesting to listen to.
- "Eye Of The Tiger" – Survivor. Back in the 1980's, this song was one of the most popular songs on the radio. Over the years, its place in pop culture has reduced it to a punchline in many cases. But, it was written to be an inspirational song in the movie "Rocky 2", and that is what makes it a good workout song for running. The original intention, and impact, of the song is still effective regardless of its place in music history.
- "A Day In The Life"- The Beatles. This is a song from the "Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band" by the Beatles. It has a bouncy bass and piano part that is intertwined with a psychedelic interlude. The song becomes very easy to run to because it helps you start off with a good tempo, and then keeps your interest with some very interesting twists.
- "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" – The Rolling Stones. This is a classic rock favorite that is ideal as a running song. It starts out with the signature guitar riff that allows you to set your running speed, and then the song just maintains its tempo until the end. The driving drums make it easy to keep time, and the song itself is fun to listen to.
- "Seven Nation Army" – The White Stripes. The White Stripes are all about the rhythm and tempo of the song. "Seven Nation Army" has a driving rhythm that never stops throughout the entire song. The bass drum alone is enough to make this one of the good workout songs for running.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.