Of the twenty Grammy performances at the Staples Center, there were five standout Grammy performances for 2010. Even though Beyonce, the Black Eyed Peas, Lady Antebellum, Green Day and Taylor Swift had outstanding performances, none compared to the performances by Pink, Lady Gaga and Elton John, Michael Jackson’s Tribute, Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli, and Dave Matthews.
- “Glitter in the Air” by Pink. While Pink performed her act suspended from the ceiling, she sang the lyrics and did not miss a lick! The ease and grace she showed was incredible. Who knew she had the physical endurance to float through the air and still sing her song? This was a winner with the Grammy audience.
- “Earth Song” by Usher, Celine Dion, Smokey Robinson, Jennifer Hudson and Carrie Underwood. The song opened up with Michael Jackson’s voice from 3-D clips of his Tribute movie “This is It.” The group of singers joined in and sang in harmony with Michael Jackson in some parts and each one sang sections of the song. An absolutely amazing tribute to the King of Pop with a lovely nature background. The audience at the Grammys rose to their feet at its conclusion.
- “Speechless,” “Your Song” and “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga and Elton John. Lady Gaga opened with “Poker Face.” At the conclusion of “Poker Face,” Lady Gaga was thrown into a cauldron of fire. She reappeared with Elton John with smoke-charred makeup and the two proceeded to do their duet which was a fusion of “Speechless” and “Your Song.”
- “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” by Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli. Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli teamed up with Simon and Garfunkel’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Proceeds from sales of this song on both audio and video were slated for the Red Cross for relief efforts in Haiti. Blige’s R&B voice blended well with Bocelli’s crystal clear tenor tones.
- “You and Me” by Dave Matthews Band. Dave Matthews wrote “You and Me” while crossing a lake by boat. He added a 45-piece band and chorus and turned it into a huge hit at the Grammys. The production included a back-up chorus, percussionists, strings, and horns from an orchestra. Dave Matthews put on an animated stage performance that pleased the crowd.
Whether or not you're planning to tune in for the event, you might as well take a moment to appreciate some of the sexy ...
Listen to the best songs from this year's Grammy winners on Made Man's Spotify.
Guys love hot rock chicks. There's just something special about a girl that can look good while sounding mean. There are ...