In 1978, "Grease" movie characters were brought to life as high school students from 1959. This musical, directed by Randal Kleiser, created a movie about Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson, two teens who meet over summer vacation and find that their love just isn't that easy back at Rydell High School. The main characters are divided into two main groups: the T-Birds (greasers) and the Pink Ladies.
- Danny Zuko (John Travolta) Danny is the leader and main male "Grease" character of the T-Birds. He falls in love with Sandy, but when they get back to school, she doesn't fit in with his reputation as the school's “bad boy.” In "Grease", he is way too cool to admit any type of feelings for Sandy.
- Kenickie (Jeff Conaway) Kenickie is the second in command when it comes to the T-Birds. He has an on/off relationship with Rizzo and likes to work on cars and drag race.
- Doody (Barry Pearl) One of the T-Birds, Doody works on cars with the guys and works to get in the spotlight at a school dance in "Grease".
- Sonny (Michael Tucci) Another one of the T-Birds.
- Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton John) Sandy, the female character counterpart of Danny, is a foreign exchange student from Australia. She comes to Rydell High and unexpectedly finds her summer fling, Danny. Her virginal image doesn't sit well with the Pink Ladies and she is a little bit of the odd girl out. In the end, Sandy goes through quite a transformation to show she isn't just the good girl of "Grease".
- Betty Rizzo (Stockard Channing) Rizzo is the promiscuous leader of the Pink Ladies. She and Kenickie have a relationship and things take an unexpected turn. She projects a tough exterior and doesn't let anything get to her.
- Frenchie (Jamie Donnelly) Frenchy becomes one of the Pink Ladies during the movie. She makes the big decision to drop out of school to join beauty school and then drops out of beauty school because of a pink hair mishap.
- Marty Maraschino (Dinah Manoff) She falls for the television host, Vince Fontaine, at the school dance. She makes it a point to let him know her last name is “like the cherry.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Now Fat and Scruffy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar Tells Us All About ...
The man formerly known as Zack Morris is hairier, heftier and playing a Major League catcher in the new FOX show.