Greco Roman Wrestling Training Tips
Greco Roman wrestling training tips are necessary for anyone hoping to become proficient in this discipline. Greco Roman wrestling is a popular form of wrestling in which you can only grab above the weight. This restriction, couple with the judging process, places an emphasis on throwing. If you are struggling with your technique, take a look at these Greco Roman wrestling training tips:
- Grapple with a training partner often. Practice makes perfect. To perfect your technique and condition your body for the heavy lifting you will endure, it is always recommended that you spar with a partner frequently. Definitely one of the key Greco Roman wrestling training tips.
- Build stamina. Doing sprints and/or long distance running can greatly improve your chances at winning a Greco Roman wrestling match. The more energy you have during a match, the more strength you have to perform high-flying throws and advanced grappling techniques, and the more likely you are to succeed.
- Improving upon core strength is a must. Core strength is a necessary attribute for athletes of all kinds. It allows you to transfer energy from one body part to the other effectively and quickly. This is one of the prized Greco Roman wrestling training tips because it allows for greater agility.
- Strengthen your back. It is well known that your back plays a major role in your abilities as a wrestler. While it may not be the primary or sole muscle used during wrestling, it will certainly enhance your ability to lift heavier opponents.
- Implement compound exercises. When weight training, you should take note never to only do isolation exercises. Compound exercises will give your full body an exercise. The three main compound exercises are the bench press, squats and the deadlift. These exercises are seen as the bread and butter of not only body building, but of many athletic disciplines as well, wrestling included.
- Make use of the power clean. The power clean is an explosive movement used in weight lifting. It allows the user to summon massive amounts of strength which in turn will improve their explosive speed and strength. This is necessary for wrestling when you want to close in on an enemy and toss them.
- Improve muscular endurance. As a wrestler, you will be required to summon massive amounts of strengths repeatedly with little to no rest at times. For such an intense sport, muscular endurance is a necessity because the wrestler who runs out of energy is the one whom will lose the match. This is one of the most important Greco Roman wrestling training tips.
- Always stretch before exercise. Regardless of sport, stretching can help to reduce injuries and allows for your muscles to warm up. Flexibility will do a lot to better your performance, so stretching is definitely one of the important Greco Roman wrestling training tips.
- Make use of body weight exercises. Many athletes have strayed away from body weight exercises in favor of machines or free weights. Body weight exercises such as pushups and pull ups are definitely still some of the most effective exercises at hand modernly. Pull ups are one of the greatest back workouts one can find and pushups are a great supplement to a chest work out.
- Have a proper diet. Nutrition plays an important role in the success of an athlete’s training program. While exercise may improve upon your strength and muscles, proper nutrition allows you to have the energy and nutrients needed to aid your development. Proper nutrition is one of the most important Greco Roman wrestling training tips.