Grilled Asparagus Recipe
A good grilled asparagus recipe is worth having around since it is a unique twist on the steamed asparagus that graces so many tables. By grilling them, you get to add another layer of flavor and texture to the vegetable that will have even the pickiest of eaters wanting to try them. With practice and a few ingredients, anyone can grill the perfect asparagus spear.
For this grilled asparagus recipe, you will need:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill. The first thing you want to do is prepare the grill. Start by turning it on a high heat, then take a grill brush and clean the grill of any particles left on from the last usage.
- Once the grill is hot, cover the asparagus. You want to take the olive oil and cover the asparagus spears in it. Use your fingers and make sure each piece has a thin coating of olive oil on them.
- Season the asparagus. You want to lightly dust the asparagus with salt and pepper. Understand that with the olive oil, the salt and pepper will stick well so be careful not to over salt or over pepper the asparagus.
- Once seasoned, it's grill time. Lay the asparagus over the grill in an even layer. It will only take between two to four minutes to grill these spears, so make sure they are not over cooked. Use a set of tongs and move them around during the grilling so that one side does not get too much eat and get burned.
- Once they are done, lemon them up. You want to lay them on a plate after they have been grilled, then use the lemon and squeeze over the freshly grilled asparagus spears. Everyone at the table will love the new and complex flavor to this simple vegetable and be asking for you to grill them up again very soon.