Having a few grilled tilapia recipes in your cookbook will allow you to serve something original and healthy at the drop of a hat. Most people are nervous about grilling fish because it has a tendency to burn easily or flake and fall apart on the grill. These two recipes are easy to follow and will yield a perfectly grilled piece of tilapia every time.
For Grilled Tilapia Po' Boys Sandwiches, you will need:
- 4 Tilapia Filets (around six to seven ounces)
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Brush
- Lemon (slice into round circles)
- French Bread
- Tomato Slices
- Tartar Sauce
- Slice the bread. Take the French bread loaf, and slice it into decent sized rounds to use for the top and bottom piece of the sandwich.
- Prepare the fish. Take the olive oil and cooking brush, and brush each piece of tilapia with olive oil front and back. Then, sprinkle the front and back with a light dusting of salt and pepper.
- Prepare the grill. In order to grill the fish, you will need a pre-heated grill and a clean grill rack. Take a brush and brush the grill thoroughly so there is no food left on the grill from its previous use that can get stuck to the fish. Make sure to heat the grill up to a medium heat, not wanting the grill on high heat or it will burn the fish.
- Grill the fish. Take the olive oil covered tilapia and lay them on the pre-heated grill. Lay two lemon slices on the top of each piece of tilapia. The tilapia will cook about three minutes per side, so you will only want to turn it once. Before turning it, remove the lemon slices and flip, then add two more lemon slices to the other side. The olive oil will help create a barrier between the grill and the fish, keeping it from sticking.
- Remove and let rest. Take the tilapia fish off the grill when it is done, and set it aside to fix the rest of the sandwiches.
- Make a Po' Boy. Take the slices of French bread and spread a generous amount of tartar sauce on each piece. Then, lay down a slice of tomato, lettuce, and one piece of fish on the bread, then close it up. Slice it in half for easier eating, and enjoy a new twist on tilapia.
For Spicy Grilled Tilapia, you will need:
- 4 Tilapia Filets (between 6 and 7 ounces)
- Jamaica Jerk Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Brush
- Prepare the tilapia. First, you want to take the olive oil, and using the cooking brush, cover each side of the tilapia with the olive oil. Then you want to sprinkle a generous amount of Jamaica Jerk seasoning on each sides of the fish. Set them aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the grill. Next, you want to turn on the grill, remembering not to put it above a medium heat as too much heat will cause the fish to burn easily. Take a cleaning brush, and scrub the grill to remove any bits left on there from the last time you used it. No need to mix flavors.
- Grill the fish. Now, lay the fish onto the grill and cook for three minutes per side. You want to try and only turn them once, since fish is very delicate and can get flaky if you are turning them too much.
- Once done, these spicy tilapia fish filets go great with some sort of white pasta, mashed potatoes, or even rice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.