Groin pain in men causes a lot of discomfort. The discomfort can cause the limitation of daily activities and can make little things such as walking, bending and lifting difficult. Groin pain can cause a person to not be able to do their normal duties such as walking, bending, and lifting. There are several different conditions that can contribute to groin pain.
- Enlarged lymph gland. Enlarged lymph glands can cause groin pain in men. Enlarged lymph gland occurs when a viral infections is occurring in the lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are a very important part of our immune system because they help fight off infection.
- Inguinal hernia. Inguinal hernia can be very uncomfortable in men. An inguinal hernia appears when there is a lump in the groin. Inguinal hernias can appear when there is a strain or heavy lifting to the area.
- Epididymitis. Epididymitis can occur after a bladder infection. It can cause the groin area to become swollen and painful. There are medical treatments that can help ease the discomfort.
- Kidney stones. Kidney stones develop when little crystallize stones form in the kidney. Individuals with kidney stones may notice severe pain at the time of urination. This type of pain is very unforgettable for those who have suffered from the condition.
- Testicular tumor. A testicular tumor is also know as Leydig cell tumor. Testicular tumors can effect young men as well as older men. The tumor can cause urinating to be painful and severe pain in the groin. Surgery is usually required to treat this condition.
- Orchitis. Orchitis is the swelling of one or both of the testicles. This condition is usually seen in men who have been exposed to the mumps, but there are other causes such as bacteria and the exposure to sexually transmitted diseases. Orchitis normally happens in males from the ages 20 to 35 years old.
- Testicular torsion. Testicular torsion is caused to the groin area by strenuous exercises. Testicular torsion can be a very painful injury. Testicular torsion happens when the body is undergoing strenuous exercises.
- Direct blow to groin. A direct blow to the groin area can do a lot of damage. The pain is so extreme it bring you to your knees and forget everything around you. If the blow is severe enough it can also cause swelling in area. Painkillers, rest and warm compresses can ease the pain.
- Muscles strain. Muscle strain can occur when there is a sudden jerk or movement in the groin. Playing sports or strenuous types of activities can cause this type of groin pain to occur.
- Hydrocele. Hydrocele happens when there is fluid build up in the scrotal. Usually the only indication of a hydrocele is swelling of one or both testicles. The condition does not produce a lot of pain but does make the groin area feel uncomfortable because of the heaviness in the scrotum.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream