Grow Lights For Indoor Plants
If you plan to grow plants indoors and want them to flourish then you may want to learn about grow lights for indoor plants. There are plenty of different styles of grow lights for indoor plants and you'll want to make sure you find the right ones for your plants. Here is some information on grow lights for indoor plants that you may find useful.
- Metal Halide. Metal halide lights, also known as MH, are a type of light that utilizes the blue end of the spectrum. These particular lights give off quite a bit of lighting and are an excellent choice of grow lights for indoor plants because the blue color of light helps plants grow more efficiently.
- High Pressure Sodium. High pressure sodium lights are known as HPS and produce a color that is an orange and red type of glow effect. These have a different function from the metal halides. The orange and red color helps trigger the hormone growth in plants and that can cause budding to happen more readily. These lights are a great choice if you already have a second type of light source such as natural sunlight. They are more of a secondary light but have a specific function that is very useful on grow lights for indoor plants.
- Fluorescent. Flourescent lights are much cooler than some of the other lighting and with new technology, their input has increased from the days when these were not a good choice for indoor plants. The color that is produced is more towards the red spectrum and is good for newly budding plants.
- Incandescent. Incandescent lights are not a good choice for indoor plants because they produce the least amount of light, yet they are very costly to buy. The only benefit of using these lights is that they do have an excellent track record on energy savings.
- LED. LED lights are supposed to be the coolest running light and the most efficient. However, tests have shown that they perform no better than the less expensive flourescent lights so you may want to stick with those if that is what you are already using.
Hopefully this list of grow lights for indoor plants was helpful. Now you can see what type of lighting you need to use in order to get the best plants and the highest output ratio.