Are you looking for a guide to dating a divorced woman? Dating a divorced woman can be a very hard road to travel for many a younger (or, even older) man. But, at the same time, a divorced woman can be the best gal to date that you ever had! Besides that, let’s just face reality: you’re going to get plenty of opportunity to be dating a divorced woman in this day and age.
- A divorced woman is more knowledgeable about what she desires. If you’re a confident man, this is a good thing–a very, very good thing. You don’t have to endure the absurd scrutiny, and you’ll be appreciated for who you are! But if you’re not so confident, this reality could work against you. When all is said and done, you need to be interested in more mature women who have “gone through the fire” and who have seen first-hand what is not truly desireable–and you need to be different from the undesirables. Be honest with yourself here.
- Dating a divorced woman means carrying some baggage for her, at least for a while. Alright, so you have decided that you prefer the knowledge and experience a divorced woman brings to the table. Now–what about her scars from the past? What about her children? Are you prepared for all of these things? If you’re not, either get prepared or bow out gracefully and be done with it.
- A divorced woman is wiser than those whom you might be used to. She can (very likely) see beyond stereotypes, so that you can sink more deeply into her personality and share more with her without the knee-jerk responses. But, are you ready for her strength of mind and character? Are you ready to be a full-fledged man, not a mere boy?
- A divorced woman needs a healing hand. To date a divorced woman, you had better have a healing touch ready. She has been hurt. Her trust has, at least very likely, been betrayed. She could be filled to the brim with anger. Are you ready to have her snap when she isn’t meaning to do that? Are you ready to easily forgive? Do you have the wisdom and guidance to give her?
- Never, never forget that a divorced woman can be high maintenance. If you are in sync with (1) through (4) above, be prepared to face the fact that the woman you want may very well still be high maintenance. She might need much, much patience or loads of attention. She might snap when you know she shouldn’t and when there’s just no excuse for it. She has endured emotional pain in an intimate setting. She is not a “young princess” any longer. On the one hand, you have to extend understanding to her. On the other hand, you have to know where to draw the line and so as not to be abused.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.