Gun Control Facts
Whether you are thinking of owning a gun or just enjoy learning factual information, learning about gun control facts can be informative and helpful. You may want to learn about gun control because you have an interest in politics, social studies or simply want to know the truth about this subject. Here is a list of a few gun control facts that you may not be aware of.
- Ownership. In the United States alone, between 70 and 80 million citizens own some form of gun. This can be for hunting or protection but this is probably a higher number than many may have first thought.
- The Constitution. Most people have learned this in school but it is actually a part of The Constitution that American citizens have the right to bear arms. This is far different from many other countries that do not have as many guns or don't allow guns at all in the hands of private citizens.
- Crime. Believe it or not, it is part of gun control facts that most guns that are used in any type of crime are not registered. These guns are typically stolen and this can be from the homes of private citizens or from gun dealers and sometimes even other criminals. For obvious reasons, these gun dealers have to file a report so that the gun can be traced back to origin if it is used in a crime. It's also a crime to have stolen the gun in the first place.
- Age. There is no certain age that a person has to be to own a gun. In fact, in many areas you may find children that carry guns for hunting purposes. Although there are strict regulations of the purchase of a gun, age is not a factor.
- Concealment. More than half of the states in America allow persons that are registered to carry concealed guns on their person. However, they are not to go within 1,000 feet of a school that includes elementary school to high school aged children.
There are many gun control facts that are in session but these are a few of the main aspects of gun control and perhaps some you may not have heard of before. A person that plans to purchase a gun should always get as much information and gun control facts as possible so they can make an informed purchase.