Gymnastics Strength Exercises
Looking for the ultimate gymnastics strength exercises to complement your gymnastic training? Below are some perfect body weight strength training exercises to fuel your gymnastic workout. Remember to make a constant effort to workout. Also, complete a total body stretch and cool down after every workout
- Sets of push-up as a gymnastic strength exercise. Place hands on the floor with thumbs aligned to your med-chest. Do not lock elbows. Keep knees hip-width apart and over chest to the floor. Push up to starting position. If you are struggling, start off with sets on knees or against a wall.
- Sets of chin ups as a gymnastic strength exercise. Grab the bar with a phonated grip. Put your body up until your chin is over the bar. Pause for two seconds then lower to starting position.
- Sets of prone raises as a gymnastic strength exercise. Lie on your stomach on a high flat bench or secure table. Pull in scapula and keep a neutral alignment in your entire back. Palms should face in, arms hanging down in line with shoulders. Lift arms to about shoulder height. Pause for two seconds and repeat.
- Sets of squats as a gymnastic strength exercise. Stand with your back straight and feet shoulder width apart. Gradually descend with hips back, keeping the weight centered over heels or mid foot. Bend to a ninety degree angle of flexation. Pause and repeat.
- Sets of leg lifts as a gymnastic strength exercise. Lie face down on a mat with legs extended and hips on mat. Rest head straight down resting on your hands. Lift one leg up from the floor and return to start. Repeat, alternating legs.