This half windsor knot how to will give you step by step instructions on tying the half windsor knot. A half windsor knot is a smaller version of the windsor knot. This type of knot can be worn with any dress shirt, and it can be worn when you are dressing for business or for pleasure. It is a good knot choice for neckties that are wider and for those made from heavier fabrics.
- To start your half windsor knot take the wide end of the tie. As you put it around your neck have this end on the right and have it extend about twelve inches below the narrow end of the tie which should be on the left.
- Cross the wide end over the narrow end. You then bring the wide end around and behind the narrow end, and then bring it up.
- Pull the wide end through the loop. You then want to make sure you move it over to the right.
- Bring the wide end around front. Make sure you then bring it over the narrow end going from right to left. You then want to bring it up through the loop from the back to the front.
- Bring the wide end down through the knot in the front. You now need to use both hands to carefully tighten the knot and draw it up close to your collar.
- Making the perfect half windsor knot will take some practice. Do it a few times in front of the mirror until you get it. You may also want to practice the half windsor with a few different ties with different textures to make sure you can do it easily.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.