Fans of rock music from the '70s and '80s probably know the lyrics to many Hall and Oates songs by heart. Daryl Hall and John Oates were one of the biggest acts of their era, with 34 songs reaching the Billboard Top 100 list. The two men started their music partnership in 1969 and they are still performing today.
- "Sara Smile" This slow-paced song was the first top 10 record for Hall and Oates. Daryl Hall wrote this song for his girlfriend at the time. It was released in 1976 and peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard charts. The success of this hit was one of the main reasons Hall and Oates became such a popular music duo.
- "Private Eyes" This smash hit was released in 1981 and is the title track to the album. The song reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts and is one of the most popular tunes Hall and Oates ever released. Daryl Hall actually wrote this song with the Sara from "Sara Smile," his girlfriend Sara Allen.
- "You Make My Dreams" This song came out in 1980 and was written by Hall and his girlfriend Allen. It peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard list and "Entertainment Weekly" puts this song in Hall and Oates all-time top 5. The song is fast-paced and is certainly a favorite among fans of the duo.
- "I Can’t Go for That (No Can Do)" This hit song is another 1981 successful release from Hall and Oates. It also reached No. 1 on Billboard’s charts. Daryl Hall provides the lead vocals, as he does with most of the duo’s songs.
- "Maneater" Another No. 1 Billboard hit for Hall and Oates, this song came out in 1982. As with many of the duo's songs, Hall and his girlfriend Allen co-wrote the lyrics to the song. While this tune is not as fast as some of their other hits, the lyrics are catchy and the song still holds up well today.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?