When your guests turn into zombies, pacify them with Halloween cocktails. Or maybe you and your babe are watching a scary flick and you want to offer her a stiff drink to calm her nerves. You don't need to have a well-stocked bar to make these simple concoctions.
If you're in the mood for a sweet liquid treat, try this Halloween cocktail.
- 2 jiggers Kahlua
- 2 jiggers Creme de Cacao
- 1 jigger Frangelico
- 1 Toostie Roll
- Mix the Kahlua with the Creme de Cacao and Frangelico in a shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake.
- Pour into old-fashioned glasses, straining out the ice.
- Push a Tootsie Roll on the edge of the glass.
Bite of Dracula
This red and black cocktail looks like a bloody good time.
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1/2 cup cola
- Pour half an ounce of Grenadine into the bottom of a highball glass.
- Add about four ice cubes.
- Slowly pour in one ounce of vodka and half a cup of cola. Don't stir and the red Grenadine will sit on the bottom.
- Garnish with candy Dracula's teeth.
With black licorice strings hanging off the edge of the glass, this Halloween cocktail looks like a black widow spider.
- 1 jigger black tequila
- 2 jiggers pomegranate juice
- 1/2 jigger lemon juice
- 1/2 jigger triple sec
- Mix the black tequila, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and triple sec with ice in a shaker.
- Shake and pour into a martini glass.
- Place three-inch strips of licorice strings around the edges for the spider legs.
This Halloween cocktail is for the whiskey lover.
- 1 jigger whiskey
- 2 jiggers orange juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Mix the whiskey, orange juice, honey and ice in your cocktail shaker.
- Shake and pour into an old fashioned glass.
- Float a couple skinless grapes on top for eyeballs.
This is an interesting Halloween shot that appears quite ghastly but tastes like fruit and cream.
- 1/2 jigger Apple or Watermelon Schnapps
- 2 tbsp. Bailey or Kahlua
- 1 tsp. Grenadine
- Pour the Apple or Watermelon Schnapps into a large shot glass or small old fashioned glass.
- Pour the Baileys or Kahlua slowly over the back of a spoon so it floats on top of the Schnapps.
- Drop Grenadine through the Bailey, which infuses the Peach Schnapps.
- Drink it quickly, like a shot.