Halloween Food Ideas
Go all out this Halloween with Halloween food ideas. Skip the tired keg plus Halloween candy formula and impress guests of all ages with fun finger food like deviled egg eyes, or go grown-up and use Halloween food ideas to theme an elegant all Hallows eve gathering that will impress even the snootiest attendees. Go the fun, kitsch route with these Halloween food ideas:
Deviled Egg Eyes
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Blender/electric mixer
- Ziploc bag
- 1 can sliced black olives
- Green or blue food coloring
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites with a spoon.
- Mix yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, a pinch salt and food coloring in a blender or with an electric mixer. Add food coloring gradually until the color you want is achieved.
- Fill plastic bag with mixture.
- Make a small cut in one of the corners and squeeze filling into the whites of the eggs.
- Put a black olive slice on top of the filling for the pupil.
- Brownie mix
- Tissue paper
- Square cookies
- Pipe cleaners.
- Prepare brownie mix as instructed.
- As soon as you take your brownies out of the oven, use a fork to make the top of it uneven like freshly turned earth.
- Tie tissue paper around suckers to make ghosts and use square cookies to make gravestones to decorate the cake.
- For extra Halloween food fun, try twisting pipe cleaners together to make trees and spiders for your brownies(okay, so they’re not edible, but most guests will catch on to this pretty fast).
It’s Alive! Trail Mix
- Bowl Trail mix
- Disposable transparent plastic gloves
- Stuff gloves with trail mix.
- Fill a bowl with trail mix.
- Arrange the hands so that they’re sticking out of it.
Bloody Fingers in a Blanket
- Frozen bread dough
- Hot dogs
- Cheese slices
- Canned marinara sauce
- Wrap cheese slices around hot dogs.
- Wrap frozen dough around hot dogs and cheese. The hot dog fingers should stick out of the dough a little.
- Bake, following the instructions on the dough.
- Serve with bloody (marinara) dipping sauce. No matter your age, show your friends (and that girl you’ve had your eye on) you’re all grown up and capable in the kitchen with these elegant Halloween food ideas.
- 3 tbsps. pumpkin puree
- 2 tsps. brown sugar
- White tequila or vodka
- Orange liquor
- Combine chilled pumpkin puree with brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon, ginger and cloves, and blend until smooth.
- Add a shot glass of chilled white tequila or vodka if you prefer, a splash of chilled orange liquor and a dash of salt and blend again.
- Rim a margarita glass with brown sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the glass. Et voila, you have a fancy Halloween drink that doesn’t even involve food coloring.
- Variety of cheeses
- Fresh fruit
- Slice cheese, and fruit.
- Buy a variety of olives and chocolates.
- Arrange in a visually appealing way (think patterns, not piles) on trays. For simple-but-elegant to work, presentation is key, don’t just slop food on paper plates.
Whatever Halloween food you prepare, know your public, choose a direction, and go all the way. There’s nothing worse than a half-hearted Halloween event, and whatever your friends may say about women in tiny costumes making the event, well-presented Halloween food and drink will go a long way to keeping Catwoman around.