Aside from trick-or-treating, one of the most enjoyable things a family can do during the fall season is trying out Halloween recipes for kids. Whether as an activity for a kid-friendly Halloween party or just an afternoon with your kids, cooking together can create memories for a lifetime. Try making one of these tasty treats, and who knows, you may start a new family tradition.
- 1 dozen donut holes
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 2 (11 oz) bags white chocolate chips
- Red cake decorator frosting tube
- Large mug/jar
- 1 box plastic forks
- Melt the white chocolate over a med-high heat on the stove, stirring frequently.
- Spear donut on a fork and dunk into melted chocolate. Tap to remove any excess and add a brown chocolate chip, point first, into the donut.
- Place fork with donut hole into glass/jar handle side first. Let harden. Repeat this process with all donuts.
- Add red squiggly lines coming from the "iris", to simulate veins
- 1 package string cheese
- Green bell peppers
- 1 package cream cheese
- Adults slice up the bell pepper into fingernail sized pieces and set aside.
- Older children can use a plastic knife, or safety pumpkin carving knife, to carve lines into the cheese sticks. Carve the knuckles at the mid-section, flip over and carve the horizontal lines for the finger's bendable points. Carve an indent for the fingernails,.
- Spread cream cheese onto fingernails dents.
- Affix fingernails; refrigerate.
- 1 (11oz) bags chocolate chips
- 1 bag sliced almonds
- 1 tube red icing
- Wax paper
- Remove strawberry stems, rinse, and stick toothpicks in stem end.
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over med-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate, shake gently to remove excess and place on wax paper.
- Immediately place almond, pointy end first, in berries to make "ears". Let cool until chocolate hardens.
- Add red dots with the icing for "eyes".
- Prepackaged, cylinder-shaped angel sponge cake
- White sugar cookie icing
- Black food coloring
- 1 tube cake decorating black icing
- An adult, or older child, with plastic knife cuts the cake into a simple U shape. If using a whole, not pre-sliced cake, cut into 1.5" slices before shaping.
- Empty white icing into a mixing bowl. Slowly add food coloring and whip together. Check the color. Keep adding slowly until you get the shade of gray you wish.
- Spread the icing over the cake. This icing will harden up nicely, so these can be handled with little mess.
- Write RIP or any simple message on the tombstones with the icing tube.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.