Halloween Treats Recipes
Halloween treats recipes must include candy corn. Candy corn has been around for years and has become a tradition in most homes. Besides the traditional triangle shapes, you can also use the pumpkin shape candy too.
Decorated Halloween Cupcakes These Halloween cupcakes are made with the instant coffee of your choice. The brown cupcakes fit right in with the brown-based candy corn and will be a great centerpiece with the rest of your Halloween treats served on this very special holiday.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white enriched flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- White creamy frosting
- 12 ounces candy corn
- Place the eggs in a medium size mixing bowl and beat until frothy. In a separate bowl, add in the flour, instant coffee, baking powder and mix together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the frothy eggs. Now add in the water, oil and the milk powder and beat slightly.
- Place the cupcake papers in the cupcake pan and fill each cupcake paper 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake the cupcakes in a preheated 350 degree oven for twenty to 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool. When the cupcakes are completely cool, ice them with your icing.
- Decorate each cupcake with some candy corn. This Halloween treat can be served with some Halloween punch.
Creamy Icing Recipe
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, place the butter. Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the confectioners' sugar and the milk. You may need more or less milk to get the right consistency.
- Add in the vanilla and beat again. Keep the icing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Halloween Puffed Rice Treats Halloween treats are easy to make with these very simple and delicious tips. Make sure to use the best quality of puffed rice when making these treats. The butter may be substituted with good quality margarine, if you prefer.
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 7 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 package marshmallows
- 1 cup of candy corn
- 1 package semi sweet chocolate morsels, 12 ounces
- Food coloring, red and yellow
- In a medium heavy bottom saucepan, place the butter. Stir the butter until melted and then add in the cereal.
- Mix the cereal well and then add in candy. Place in two drops of yellow food coloring and one drop of red to make orange colored Halloween treats.
- Place the Halloween treats in a buttered rectangle pan. Butter your hands and press the mixture down firmly and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring often. Drizzle the chocolate over the Halloween treats with a fork or decorator’s cone.
- Cut the squares when the chocolate has hardened. Make sure to store these treats in an air tight container or foil.
Rocky Road Rocky Road Halloween treats are similar to the ice cream with the same name. The use of marshmallows, nuts and chocolate will make you want more and more. Again the use of candy corn is added for that traditional Halloween treat theme.
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup marshmallows, miniatures
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 250 gram milk chocolate
- 1 cup candy corn
- Place the nuts, coconut, marshmallows and puffed rice in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Pour the chocolate all over the Rocky Road mixture. Butter a 9 x 9 inch pan and press the mixture firmly in the pan.
- Score the Rocky Road with a knife to make indentations where the bars will be cut. Place one piece of candy corn in each square.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. Halloween treats are indeed easy to make.