Halo 3 Skull Locations
The “Halo 3” skull locations are spread out over nine levels of play. There are thirteen of them, and some are annoyingly challenging to obtain.
- Sierra 117. After your first fight, this is one of the easier “Halo 3” skull locations. Just jog through the forest towards the water and head right. You will see it on a rock.
- Sierra 117 again. Some of the “Halo 3” skull locations will be redundant requiring you to scour the area. Walk to the end of the bridge at the dam, climb the railing and hop up to the building ledge. In a crack on the ground towards the right is another skull.
- Crow's nest. Most “Halo 3” skull locations are obvious like this one. Just go to the back of the room and look up.
- Crows Nest again. This is one of the “Halo 3” skull locations that will have you restarting your game a million times. At the end of the Drone tunnel you will see a grate. You can walk off this platform and grab the platform below. This is tough, but there's a skull on the ground.
- Tsavo highway. This is one of the “Halo 3” skull locations that will make you move off the beaten path. Climb up the pipe that runs along the highway. Go to the fence and look down on the left and see the path. Keep moving left until you see the cliff and jump up there for a skull.
- The storm. This one requires you to get a Warthog. Waste the anti-air wraith and ghosts and then drive up to the circular building. Get on the Warthog and jump up to the building by pressing left at the height of your leap. The skull is on top.
- Floodgate. This is one of the “Halo 3” skull locations that annoys. Go towards the city and as you ascend the ramp. A Flood will appear on the right building and you have to waste it before it leaps. If you nail it on the buiding you can get the skull but if you waste it after it leaps too far you must restart the game.
- Ark. Wow. This one is tough. You may have noticed when things explode your dude flies a little farther...Yes, this is a required skill in “Halo 3”. Get a plasma grenade. The grunts drop them so no no worries. Cruise below the walkway to the end and and jump to the rock. Familiarize yourself with the grenade timing before attempting. Now place the plasma grenade at the end of the walkway, wait a bit, run and leap over the explosion. If done correctly, the blast will propel you the extra distance to the skull.
- Ark again. This is another “Halo 3” skull leap of faith. After you pass the sleepy Grunts you will go on an invisible ramp. Look up and you will see the skull. To get it you will need to monkey around with the gravity lift. You will need to place it just close enough to make the leap to the skull. Hard, annoying but at least you have a save file.
- Covenant. Not bad as far as “Halo 3” skull locations go. Once you get in a Hornet, go to the second tower. Run up the ramps to the end for the skull.
- Covenant again. This one is tough but no worries, you are totally cheating! Notice the rings. They make tones when you leap through them. From the right, jump through them in this order to make the skull appear: 1-3-4-6-7-5-4-6-5-4-5-3-4.
- Cortana. This is old school arcade level jumping. After the Pelican crashes jump up the platform. Go to the right and jump. Go from rock to ledge as far as you can. At the end is a skull.
- Halo. Probably the easiest “Halo 3” skull location. Maybe because you made it to the end. Just walk down the path to the right and voila.
Posted on: Apr. 18, 2011