Halo Reach Characters
Of all the current video games currently out, none are as well developed as the "Halo Reach" characters. Bungie is known for its fantastic character creation, and the protagonists that make up Noble Team are so incredibly lifelike that as the fight rages on, you feel more sympathy for these soldiers trying to defend the world they call home.
- Artificial Intelligence "Auntie" Dot is Noble Team's artificial intelligence guide during "Halo Reach." Like Cortana, Dot is able to access both human and covenant battle networks in order to obtain information that may prove useful to Noble Team, such as detecting incoming reinforcements. Unlike Cortana, Dot does not manifest in a human form and instead prefers (or is forced) to appear as an illuminating square of blue lights.
- Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey Dr. Halsey is the only significant "civilian" character encountered during "Halo Reach." A very influential member of the technology division of the Office of Naval Intelligence, her prestige as a scientist is due to her contributions to the Spartan II project, specifically with the development of the Mjolnir armor technology. While she has worked for the UNSC for several decades, Dr. Halsey has considerable guilt for supporting the kidnapping of children in order to train the original Spartan II's; she no longer believes stealing children was justified. Because of this, Dr. Halsey works very closely with Noble Team on their quest to discover a way to push back the Covenant. Halsey is also credited with the creation of Cortana, and gives the AI her voice.
- Commander Carter (Noble One) Commander Carter is the leader of the Noble Team and is of the Spartan III program, which took orphans and trained them as vengeful soldiers. Carter rises through the ranks of the UNSC and is repeatedly noted for his immaculate charisma and steadfast patriotism, which makes him a natural-born leader. Carter is also incredibly focused on all aspects of a mission, and ensures that each member of Noble Team is given a job best suited for their unique abilities. In "Halo Reach," Commander Carter leads Noble Team with pride and no matter how dire the situation, he always keeps a level head.
- Lieutenant-Commander Kat (Noble Two) Kat is second-in-command of the Noble Team and is also a Spartan III like her close ally Noble One. Kat is incredibly intelligent and works excellent under pressure; she's able to assess any situation in battle and develop a plan with the most positive outcome in seconds. This quick-thinking is put to good use also through her work as an incredible hacker and her curiosity prevents her from stopping a problem until it's fixed or dead on ground.
- Warrant Officer Emile (Noble Four) Emile is the weapon specialist of Noble Team, and in "Halo Reach," he is constantly holding a high-powered shotgun or carving intricate patterns into his armor. This affinity for arms directly relates to his affinity for violence. Emile loves to fight, especially fighting Covenant. While his motives are true, Emile is incredibly ruthless, to a questionable degree. Also, because he is a Spartan III, he finds it frustrating to connect with normal civilians, which causes awkward positions for him when he isn't fighting.
- Chief Warrant Officer Jorge (Noble Five) Jorge is the heavy weapon specialist of Noble Team, and in "Halo Reach," he prefers a rocket launcher or machine gun. Despite being a Spartan II, this does not make Jorge any less of a powerful ally; if anything, it motivates him. Jorge is known to be incredibly patient and hard-shelled, easily masking his emotions from others. Because of this selective emotional disconnect, Jorge feels confident to speak his mind whenever he wishes without fearing the repercussions of what he says. Ironically, Jorge is shown to be the most empathetic of all the Noble Team towards civilians and is frequently seen comforting innocents during or after Covenant attacks.