Happy Quotes About Life From Songs
Happy quotes about life from songs can make your day sometimes. Just to hear an upbeat song, with an enthusiastic singer, is all it takes. These lyrical examples may just may make your day, if you let them.
- "Oh happy happy day/Oh happy day/When Jesus washed/My sins away," by Edwin Hawkins. This song will make you feel good, even if you aren't religious. However, if you know what it feels like to have your sings washed away, it's probably the best feeling of all.
- "Here is a little song I wrote/You might want to sing it note for note/Don't worry be happy/In every life we have some trouble/When you worry you make it double/Don't worry, be happy," from "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. Folks gave McFerrin a hard time about these simplistic words. They may be simple, but they're also true. You can't be worring AND happy at the same time.
- “I'm walking on sunshine, woooah/and don't it feel good!” from "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina And The Waves. Yes, there are days when you feel like you're walking on air. Better yet, it's as though you're walking on sunshine. This song was also a bit of a one hit wonder, like Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy," but there's a good reason it's used so often in commercials. It just makes you feel great when it plays.
- “'Cause you make me feel so brand new/And I want to spend my life with you,” from "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. That right person can make you feel like you're fresh out of the box. All that old stuff just goes out the window and it all seems like brand spanking new stuff.
- “I'm so glad I finally found you/Yes, that one in a million girl,” from"(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher" by Jackie Wilson. There are few better feelings than finding a one-in-a-million girl. It's like winning the lottery, but better.
- “I can't see me loving nobody but you/For all my life,”from "Happy Together" by The Turtles. When you find that person you want to love all your life, there is a feeling of satisfaction. It's an inner joy that cannot be compared to most other happinesses.
- “And it's magic, if the music is groovy/It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie,”from "Do You Believe in Magic" by The Lovin' Spoonful. Granted, nobody says "groovy" anymore. Nevertheless, great music still makes you feel happy, like an old-time movie.
- “Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'/Oh, what a beautiful day/I've got a beautiful feelin'/Everything's goin' my way,”from "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" by Rodgers and Hammerstein. When you feel good, it's almost as though nothing can go wrong. These words tell about a nearly invincible good feeling.
- "By it's daybreak/If you wanna believe/It can be daybreak/Ain't no time to grieve," from "Daybreak," by Barry Manilow. The key phrase in this song is "wanna believe." There are periods in life where, although things may not look good, you just have to believe they'll get better.
- "If we took a holiday/Took some time to celebrate/Just one day out of life/It would be, it would be so nice,” "'Holiday" by Madonna. Sometimes we need to make our own holidays, as Madonna reminds us. These are not just those days on the calendar -- but the ones we make for ourselves.
Posted on: May. 16, 2011