Hard Reset Iphone
Many find themselves wondering how to hard reset an iPhone when it fails to work properly or it is frozen. By hard resetting your iPhone, you can give it a full reboot and allow it to work out any intermittent kinks it may be experiencing. When you hard reset an iPhone, it does not delete or modify anything on your phone; it simply reboots it.
To hard reset an iPhone, you will need:
- An iPhone
- Navigate to the home screen on your iPhone. If you’re using an app, you can get back to the home screen simply by pressing its button. This is the large black button on the bottom of the phone with the white square.
- Press and hold the Home Screen button simultaneously with the Sleep/Wake button. Nothing will happen at first, but after several seconds you should see the slider drop down for powering the phone off. Do not let go when you see this; continue holding the buttons.
- The phone will power down eventually while you continue to hold the buttons. It is important that you don’t release pressure on the buttons. Keep holding them for the time being.
- The screen will eventually go black and then light back up with Apple logo. Once you see the Apple logo, it is okay to release the buttons.
- Allow the phone to power back on. You do not need to do anything else once you see the Apple logo. The phone will boot up normally and it will be useable once you see your home screen. Congratulations! You’ve successfully performed a hard reset on your iPhone.