Hash Browns Recipe
Want a great hash browns recipe? Hash browns are perfect as a side dish in the morning with eggs or pancakes. However, they also make a great side dish at dinner with any meat such as chicken, beef or pork. Read on to find out how to make this easy hash browns recipe.
What you need to make this hash browns recipe:
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil, canola oil, or olive oil
- 1 lb. of russet potatoes peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper
- Big frying pan
- Potato ricer
- Pour oil in pan. Place the big frying pan on the stove over medium heat and pour the oil into the pan.
- Remove moisture from potatoes. For crispy hash browns, you need to remove as much water from the potatoes as possible. Use the potato ricer to squeeze moisture from the grated potatoes. Just squeeze them in the ricer; you don't need to push the potatoes through the ricer.
- Put potatoes in pan. Once the oil is heated, carefully place the grated potatoes into the pan in a single layer along the bottom of the pan.
- Salt and pepper. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the hash browns as they cook.
- Flip them. Lift up the hash browns with a spatula to see if they are golden brown on the bottom. Once they are, flip them over so that you can brown the other side.
- Serve them. Once they are golden brown on both sides, remove the hash browns from pan and place onto plates or a serving dish.
That's all there is to making crispy hash browns. The secret is to use the ricer to get as much moisture out of them as possible. Now you can use this hash browns recipe to impress your friends with hash browns that are better than any restaurant can make.