Have A Healthy Relationship
If you want to have a healthy relationship, you might need to take a personal inventory and decide if you are doing the right things to keep your relationship running smoothly. Healthy relationships require some work to keep them running smoothly and there are certain elements that will contribute to a more balanced partnership overall.
- Be Open. You have to communicate and be open to have a healthy relationship. Talk to your partner about issues that come up and do not clam up when an argument or discussion arises. Be sure to tell your partner daily how you feel as well. This will help you connect to them emotionally.
- Listen. Listening is a major part of the communication process if you want to have a healthy relationship. Learn to actively listen by repeating to your partner what they said before you answer so you have a clear understanding of their point. Make eye contact and lean in to ensure they know you value their input.
- Trust. Do not let the green-eyed monster called jealousy get in the way if you want to have a healthy relationship. Both you and your partner should have friends and activities outside of the relationship that allow you to maintain your individuality in order for the relationship to be truly healthy. Maintain activities that you did before the relationship to promote individuality that will contribute to increased self esteem.
- Have Fun. Go to amusement parks, play video games, see a movie, or go out to eat to have a healthy relationship. Keep the relationship fun so it does not become tedious and you will enjoy being with each other much more.
- Enjoy Sex. Make sure you make your needs known during sex. In addition, ask your partner if they have any needs that have not been met, and be willing to alter your methods if necessary to keep them satisfied sexually. Sex is a key element if you want to have a healthy relationship.