Health Benefits Of Almonds
Almonds are a type of nut that almost everyone enjoys and there are many health benefits of almonds. These health benefits can help improve overall health and act as preventative medicine. The following is a list of the top five health benefits of almonds. Many of these are common among nuts, but some are more specific to simply almonds.
- Constipation: One of the health benefits of almonds is that they can help with constipation. Almonds are a great source of fiber and fiber helps to relieve constipation. Fiber also helps to soothe the stomach and make it regulate it more regularly. Almonds help prevent stomach issues that may develop from stress or eating the wrong foods.
- Calcium: Almonds have a high source of calcium included in them. Calcium, as everyone knows, is great for bone health. Getting the right amount of calcium can help to prevent bones from breaking in the body and to ensure you don't get osteoporosis of the bones as you get older in life.
- Unsaturated: Another health benefit of almonds is that 90% of the fat in them is unsaturated. This means that you will have less fat in your diet. Along with that, eating unsaturated fat vs. saturated fat can actually help lower your cholesterol. Cholesterol is very important in maintaining a healthy heart and lifestyle.
- Boosts Energy: Almonds have a lot of minerals in them that help the body with energy. These minerals include Riboflavin, copper and magnesium. All of these minerals are crucial in boosting the energy of an individual. Boosting energy will also help to boost overall mood in a person.
- Prevents Cancer: There is a lot of fiber in almonds, as was discussed earlier. Because almonds help to regulate the digestive tract, that keeps the colon of the person's body healthy. Colon cancer is one of the more common types of cancer. Thus, eating almonds help to prevent colon cancer from happening to a person.