Healthiest Fast Food
If you’re looking for the healthiest fast food, check out this list of common dishes that won’t sabotage a diet or put you at risk for health problems. The meals are from a number of different fast food chains and all provide balanced portions of protein, calories, and fat. The entrees below all fall under 400 calories and 15 grams of fat.
- Subway Turkey Sandwich. This entrée provides the perfect combination of fiber, protein and minimal calories and fat. One six-inch sandwich contains 280 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, and 18 grams of protein. It’s one of the healthiest fast food options for an on-the-go lunch. Just make sure to say no to the mayo.
- Egg McMuffin. For breakfast in a hurry, it’s okay to go with a savory McMuffin. The breakfast sandwich surprisingly only has 300 calories. Plus, this healthiest fast food provides you with 18 grams of protein from the eggs and cheese. You’ll be ready to conquer the day.
- Starbucks Skinny Latte and Oatmeal. If you want another healthy breakfast idea, go with a Starbucks nonfat latte and bowl of oatmeal. The oatmeal contains plenty of fiber along with dried fruit, making this a healthiest fast food choice. A tall skinny vanilla latte is under 100 calories and gives you a jolt of caffeine without all the sugar and fat from fancier coffee drinks.
- Carl’s Jr. BBQ Chicken Sandwich. This healthy fast food option is a good substitute for a quarter-pound cheeseburger. The meal packs 30 grams of protein, but only contains 7 grams of fat and 390 calories. Plus, the chicken is served on a honey wheat bun, providing you with fiber.
- Taco Bell Fresco Taco. If you’ve got a Taco Bell craving, forgo the volcano burrito and order a couple fresco tacos instead for a healthiest fast food option. The meal cuts out all the sauce and instead piles on fresh tomato salsa. Two fresco chicken tacos contain only 300 calories and 7 grams of fat, but pack 24 grams of protein.
- McDonald’s Grilled Snack Wrap. If you’re seeking a quick, healthy snack to fill you up, this fast food meal makes the perfect option. The grilled chicken provides protein to keep you full, while the entire wrap is only 260 calories so you can have a larger meal later.
- Pizza Hut Fit ‘n Delicious Pizza. If it’s pizza night with the guys, there is still a way to make this a healthy fast food. Opt for Pizza Hut’s Fit ‘n Delicious pizza slices or order an extra thin pizza slice. You can have a slice of ham, red onion, and mushroom pizza for only 160 calories and 4.5 grams of fat.