Healthiest Foods For Weight Loss
Looking for the healthiest foods for weight loss? Losing weight the right way requires both a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise. Fortunately, eating healthy does not have to mean cutting out all the foods you love—it means eating smaller portions of certain foods. Below are the healthiest foods for weight loss and staying fit.
- Brown rice. When striving for weight loss, it is best to avoid white rice. Brown rice is great for healthy eating. Brown rice has more nutrients and has not been processed as much as white rice. Brown rice goes great at dinner time combined with lean proteins.
- Lightly salted popcorn. That's right, you can still eat popcorn on a diet! The popcorn should not be drenched in butter and salt, however, and should be eaten in small quantities as a low-fat snack. Unbuttered popcorn is surprisingly low in calories and great for an afternoon snack or treat.
- Honeydew melon. Honeydew melon is refreshing and great for weight loss. One serving of this melon only has a small amount of calories and is very low in fat and cholesterol. It is also packed full of vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- Raw almonds. Almonds are full of protein, fiber and essential nutrients that the body needs. They are also low-fat when eaten in moderation and can help you lose weight when eaten as a snack. You can also sprinkle them on main dishes or salads if you prefer to eat them with other foods.
- Salmon. This fish is high in omega-3 fatty acids and is great for weight loss because it's satisfying and packed full of protein and important nutrients. Studies have also showed that eating salmon may lower your risk of heart disease.
- Grapes. Fruit is always an important part of a balanced diet and weight loss, and grapes are excellent for just that. Eating a handful of grapes as a snack instead of sugary or salty junk food is clearly a better choice. Grapes also taste great when frozen.
- Asparagus. If you are trying to lose weight, eating plenty of healthy and low-fat vegetables is a must. Asparagus is full of healthy enzymes and vitamins, and contains an amino acid that aids in weight loss.
- Whole-grain cereal. Cereals of the whole-grain variety help control cholesterol and fat levels, and are much healthier than sugary alternatives. When eating whole-grain cereal, always combine with skim milk instead of whole milk.