Healthy Foods To Lose Weight
There are tons of healthy foods to lose weight in existence and eating healthy does not have to mean staying away from tasty food. Those who gain weight tend to overeat and not exercise, which is a recipe for fast weight gain and low self-esteem. You can still eat what you want, for the most part, but you need to eat a balanced diet that consists mostly of very healthy food. Below are the best healthy foods to eat that will help you lose weight. Keep in mind that exercise is also an important factor in weight loss.
- Fruit smoothie. Frozen smoothies are not only delicious, but are full of vitamins and is considerably low-fat. It is important to use skim milk or water instead of whole milk and stay away from adding sugar. Simply blend together water or skim milk with frozen berries, a banana, a spoonful of wheat germ and enjoy!
- Almonds. Almonds are an excellent source of fiber and protein and are a great snack for weight loss and healthy eating. Almonds also have the amazing ability of blocking calories in the body, which is always good for weight loss.
- Oatmeal. Oats are great for weight loss because they digest slowly and allow time for your blood sugar to stabilize within the body. They are also very high in fiber and are extremely filling and satisfying.
- Eggs. When eaten in moderation, eggs can help you lose weight and stay healthy. Eggs should be combined with a low-calorie diet; it is best to stay away from adding fattening cheese or sauces.
- Zucchini. There are so many great ways to prepare zucchini and this vegetable is very low-fat and high in vitamins. Eating fried zucchini, however, is not healthy for obvious reasons. It's also important to go easy on the butter and other add-ons.
- Chicken breast. Chicken is one of the leanest meats you can eat and is full of protein. For those looking to lose weight, chicken should never be fried or drenched in oil or butter. Lean chicken breast goes great with other healthy foods like brown rice, especially at dinner time.
- Grapefruit. The delicious grapefruit is one of the best fruits for weight loss. Grapefruits are low in calories, sodium and fat and are full of cancer-fighting compounds. Half of a grapefruit also only has about 40 calories and is great for breakfast or as a quick snack.