Healthy Heart Lunch Menu
If you're looking for a heart healthy lunch menu, look no further. This delicious sandwich and salad combo will satisfy your hunger at lunch, without clogging your arteries.
To make a heart healthy lunch menu, you'll need:
- two tbsp, hummus
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- two oz low fat or non dairy cheese
- one lettuce leaf
- two slices whole wheat bread
- one small sliced tomato
- vegetables of your choice (sliced onions, cucumbers or raw zucchinis work great!)
- A dash of vinaigrette salad dressing, if you prefer
- Spread the hummus on the bread. Pretend it's mayonnaise.
- Layer the other ingredients onto one slice of bread. Try not to think about all the vegetables. Remember, these vegetables are good for your heart.
- Sprinkle the ingredients with vinaigrette. Cap off the sandwich with the other slice of bread.
To make a heart healthy salad you will need:
- three quartered artichoke hearts
- two cups mixed salad greens
- two oz. chunked white chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- tomato, wedged
- vinaigrette, or the nonfat salad dressing of your choice
- Toss all of your vegetables together. You're not limited to the vegetables listed here. If you like, add any additional vegetables of your choice. The more, the merrier. The fiber in those vegetables will keep you feeling full longer, and the vitamins can help reverse cardiovascular disease.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken and artichoke in a decorative pattern atop your healthy salad. Or, just pile them on, it's all up to you!
- Sprinkle on dressing. Eat!