Healthy Way To Lose Weight Fast
Learn about healthy way to lose weight fast and win the battle of the bulge. Weight loss is a constant goal in many people's lives. They struggle with weight and diet to lose weight. A better approach is to change your lifestyle to a more healthy one that includes eating a consistent diet of nutritious food and exercising regularly. Of course, this is easier said than done for many people. Keep reading for a few tricks to lose weight fast.
To lose weight fast, you'll need:
- Three meals per day
- Eight plus glasses of water per day
- Healthy snacks
- Eat regular meals. The first step to losing weight is to not starve your body. When you only eat one or two meals a day, your body thinks you are starving it. Then, your body begins to store fat in anticipation of needing it to live on. Stop eating one or two meals a day and enjoy three well-rounded meals. Have a piece of lean meat or fish and two or three servings of fruits and vegetables per meal. Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce salad with light dressing and sliced tomatoes are excellent choices. Fruits like sliced apples or pears are filling while being nutritious.
- Stay away from fattening vegetables. Some vegetables are not our friends and actually make you gain weight. Potatoes are starchy and turn to sugar when eaten. Choose sweet potato instead of white potato to lose weight fast. Don't eat corn or peas either, which contain starch that turns to sugar.
- Drink enough water. Many times we think we're hungry when we're really thirsty. Drink at least eight glasses of water each day. Carry a large bottle of water with you and drink from it all day to stave off hunger. Refill it as needed to get in enough water. Add lemon if you don't prefer the taste of plain water.
- Stay away from carbs. Carbohydrates can pack on the pounds. Instead of having toast for breakfast, whip up a couple of eggs and eat them with fruit for a more satisfying meal that will stick with you longer than toast. Instead of eating French fries, rice, pasta or potatoes with lunch or dinner, have an extra vegetable or two to lose weight fast. Use minimal butter or cheese sauce or dip for the best results.
- Eat healthy snacks as needed. If you really can't wait till your next meal, don't head to the vending machine. Instead take healthy snacks along to work or while out running errands. A few suggestions include hard-boiled eggs, one-ounce chunks of cheese, a handful of nuts, a piece of fruit, a bag of baby carrots or a sliced bell pepper.
- Exercise when you can. Get your metabolism up and build up muscle mass by exercising at least three or four days a week. The higher your metabolism, the more fat you'll burn when you are idle. Simple walking for 30 to 45 minutes, or longer, will improve the chances of losing weight. Park far from your destination to get in more walking. Take the stairs at work. Get up and move to lose weight.