High school graduation quotes are an important part of growing up. For many, graduation is the first step into adult hood and freedom. It’s a time to celebrate with friends and to look to the future, the first step in a very big journey. These quotes frequently stay with students long after their graduation.
- “It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our school days.” You never really leave high school. You can't wait to get out when you're there, but as soon as your out your life it practically over. Isabel Waxman’s high school graduation quote speaks to that desire everyone has to relive their glory days.
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” Some students use this as an excuse to ditch school, but that doesn’t make it any less true. There are lessons in life that come from outside the classroom and Albert Einstein's high school graduation quote touchs on this.
- “A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that "individuality" is the key to success.” How utterly ironic. Not that graduates aren't individuals, every class always has someone with mutli-colored hair, creative piercings, or tattoos about the meaning of life and yet to get ahead in the world you usually have to conform to someone else's standard. Robert Orben had it right when he said this.
- “Graduation day is tough for adults. They go to the ceremony as parents. They come home as contemporaries. After twenty-two years of child-raising, they are unemployed.” Erma Bombeck certainly has a great understanding of the side of high school graduations that few people think about. Her high school graduation quote speaks to both the pride and sorrow parents feel watching their children grow up and leave and why they're always willing to do loads of laundry after you've left, while they lectured you when you were home.
- “Commencement speeches were invented largely in the belief that outgoing college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated.” Gary Trudeau’s humorous high school graduation quote may not have been meant in a humorous way but it certainly turned out that way. Sitting through an hours long graduation ceremony, knowing freedom is the light at the end of the tunnel, is guaranteed to leave students squirming in their seats. You know a good principle or teacher when they can actually keep the students there long enough to tire them out.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …