Hip Hop Blogs
There are lots of great hip hop blogs out there. Hip hop has come to dominate various sectors of the 'blogosphere', with great writers emerging everywhere, all the time. Like hip hop itself, the bloggers who writer about the genre are both diversified and stylish. Read on below to see some of the best hip hop blogs on the Internet today:
- AllHipHop. One of the best hip hop blogs and music resources on the World Wide Web. The website is a megalopolis of hip hop news, videos, editorials, and features all piled into one organized, streamlined page.
- HipHop DX. Unlike AllHipHop, DX is a slim covering of the latest in audio, video, reviews, and rap news. HipHop DX updates quite constantly, with little advertisements, giving the viewer a quick-and-dirty look of what's going on in the world of hip hop.
- SOHH. A product of 4Control Media, SOHH contains funny, odd-ball coverings of current hip hop events. The website is colored green all over, with a decorated front page full of the newest stuff in "the biz".
- Hip-Hop Crunch. Although the website might look like the inside of one of Napoleon Dynamite's sketchbooks, the content on this website is phenomenal. Hip-Hop Crunch tends to focus on the pop-aspect of many artists, yet it still manages to keep up with the "real stuff".
- Rap Basement. This has to be the slickest-looking hip hop blog in the whole list. Rap Basement features slides of news in a similar fashion to SOHH and DX, but has a huge front page dedicated to every aspect of the industry imaginable.
- Sickhop. The graffiti artist on this webpage did a great job. The blog known as sickhop keeps everyone up-to-date on not just the rap industry (and all that that entails) but notable world events in general.
- Hip Hop Rukus. Formerly one of your run of the mill (web-created) blogs, Hip Hop Rukus is now a large news outlet full of all things hip hop. Hip Hop Rukus has great indie content, even if the web design is awkward.
- A Different Kitchen... This blog covers an assortment of music, all with its own taste. "Notes from a Different Kitchen" (as it's officially known) is simplistic in its layout, though the reviews are pretty much the opposite.
- Indy Hip Hop World. Your typical mass-produced blog just got a revival and makeover with Indy Hip Hop World! This jewel of hip hop blogs looks at independent music, focusing on emerging talent within the underground rap world.
- Hip Hop Music. Don't be fooled by its bland name and lackluster coloring scheme, Hip Hop Music is a good source for news and reviews. Hip Hop Music works for those who don't need too much flavor with their blog.
As stated before, there are tons of great hip hop blogs out there. What makes a good hip hop blog "great"? Well, while one might say that an eclectic selection of music, a variety of opinion, or an eye for breaking news makes a blog "great", it's all opinion-based in the end. Whoever might critique these selections, it's positive that every fan will find something they like in these online hip hop journals.