Hip Hop Songs 2010
The best hip-hop songs of 2010 stand up to the best hip-hop music in recent years. All the big names are here, including Eminem and Kanye West. A few newcomers are also included, such as B.o.B, which bodes well for the genre's future.
- Eminem "Not Afraid" This is an excellent song about overcoming problems. In Eminem's case, it involved his addiction to painkillers. Rap artists rarely admit when they're wrong. However, Eminem is better than your typical rap artist, which makes this one of 2010's best hip-hop songs.
- Kanye West "Runaway" Kanye West toasts the douchebags, assholes and scumbags in this 2010 song. Is he also toasting himself? You be the judge.
- Chiddy Bang "Opposite of Adults" When Chiddy Bang says, "This life is a party / I'm never growing up," maybe it's his way of singing about being forever young. We live in a youth culture. Thus, this youth culture should have this as its anthem.
- Drake "Find Your Love" Drake was the best new rapper of 2010, so it's only fair to include his most popular song. It's all about finding love, which is harder than it may seem for a sex symbol.
- The Roots "Dear God 2.0" This song by The Roots asks big, philosophical questions. These are age old questions about why God allows evil in the world. It's a great song from 2010.
- Kid Cudi "Erase Me" Kid Cudi believes that a girl hates him so much, she wants to go all the way and erase him. That's hatred, boys and girls.
- B.O.B "Airplanes" This song, which also features Paramore's Hayley Williams, speaks about wishing on stars. But if you can't find a shooting star to wish on, find an airplane and just pretend.
- Big Boi "Shutterbug" Not many songs name-drop both Gomer Pyle and Wu-Tang. But this Big Boi song does just that. It's also a fun, cool tune.
- Cee-Lo Green "F*ck You" This is the kiss-off hip-hop song of 2010. Cee-Lo even dressed like a peacock when he sang it on TV. Anyone one that sings a song like this, however, doesn't really care what you think about the way he dresses.
- Eminem (featuring Rihanna) "Love The Way You Lie" This was the love/hate hip-hop song of 2010. Eminem's character loved his girl, but hated what that love did to his emotions. Rihanna's the head-over-heels in love girl that puts up with the jerk.
Posted on: Mar. 04, 2011