Whether you're buying hockey pants for yourself or for your kids, a hockey pants sizing guide is essential to ensure comfort and allow you to play at the best of your ability. There are a number of factors to consider when buying hockey pants aside from just sizing, so before you go shopping you will need to know:
- The appropriate waist size
- Your style of play
- How much padding you desire
- How much you are willing to spend
- Find a reputable retailer. Hockey pants are not something you'll want to buy online. The best way to get good quality hockey pants that meet your needs and your budget is to buy from a sporting goods store where you can get help from an experienced salesperson. Used sporting goods stores can also be helpful for tight budgets, but bear in mind the amount of wear and tear hockey gear suffers, as well as the amount of sweating a hockey player does. Very gently used hockey gear might work, but if it's been treated to a lot of time on the ice, it might not be as appealing, whatever the price.
- Determine an appropriate size. Hockey pants are generally sized according to waist size. Be sure they're not too loose or too tight. They should also be long enough to cover the top inch or two of your shin guards.
- Consider the padding. One of the most important factors to consider when buying hockey pants is the balance between protection and mobility. If you are a particularly active or aggressive player, you'll want a bit less padding to increase your mobility. You'll particularly want to be sure you have adequate padding for the hips, tailbone and thighs.
Considering these elements should enable you to find hockey pants that fit comfortably and allow you sufficient mobility and flexibility on the ice. Bear in mind that cheaper is not always better. Cheaper hockey pants might not provide sufficient protection. On the other hand, if you want pants with less padding to accommodate your style of play, they might prove a bit less expensive by nature. Be sure to consult with an expert or a salesperson for any questions, especially if it's your first time buying hockey pants.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …