A holiday cottage in Snowdonia, Great Britain makes an excellent base of operations for a mountain-climbing, mountain-biking, fishing, hiking, or bird-watching adventure. Located in North Wales, Snowdonia is home to an 838 square mile (2,170 km) national park which boasts 1,479 miles (2,380 km) of public footpaths as well as numerous mountains, castles, lakes, and waterfalls.
- Cozy holiday cottage in Snowdonia near Criccieth. Rhos Country Cottages in Criccieth are traditional, cozy Welsh farmhouses constructed of stone and heavy timbers. With fireplaces, antique furnishings and poster beds, these cottages are like stepping back in time. Rhos Country Cottages Criccieth LL52 0PB.
- Holiday cottage in Snowdonia near Betws-y-Coed. The idyllic setting of Nant Cottage in the Gwydir Forest is like a scene from a fairytale. The stone cottage has two-foot thick walls, a fireplace, a winding staircase, and gardens and waterfalls outside the door. Royal Oak Farm Cottage Betws-y-Coed, Conwy, LL24 0AH.
- Cottages in and around Portmeirion Village. In Portmeirion, there are 17 cottages which can accommodate from three to eight guests. These charming historic houses are convenient lodging for visitors who want to visit the local castle, Castell Deudraeth, and pick up some of the village’s world-famous pottery.
- Holiday cottage in Snowdonia on the Llyn Peninsula. Travelers in search of a more remote setting will be enchanted by D. Gwynfryn Farm on theLlyn Peninsula. The rustic stone cottages are converted farm buildings situated on an organic dairy farm. D. Gwynfryn Farm, Gwynfryn Pwllheli LL53 5UF.
- Holiday cottage near Mount Snowdon.Ty Twt is a stone cottage on the southern slopes of Mount Snowdon itself. Access to the mountain could not be easier as the Rhyd Ddu path to the peak runs through the property. Ty Twt Cottage, Ffridd Uchaf, Rhyd Ddu, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL54 6TW.
- Holiday cottage in Snowdonia’s Cardigan Bay Area. With the imposing Harlech castle looming directly behind the cottage of Godre'r Graig, the setting could not be more dramatic. The luxurious stone house can accommodate groups of up to 12 guests, and the golf course and beach are only a short distance away. Godre'r Graig Harlech, LL46 2UD, 01341 247249.
- Relaxing holiday cottage in Snowdonia near Tremadog. A self-catering cottage called Cysgod-y-Graig can be found in Tremadog within each reach of various beaches, mountains, the famed pottery village of Portmeirion, the Ffestiniog Railway, and several Welsh castles. This two-bedroom cottage even has a pool table for relaxing after a day of hiking. Cysgod-y-Graig Bwlch-y-Moch, Tremadog, Gwynedd, Snowdonia. LL49 9SN.
- Riverside holiday cottage in Snowdonia. For anglers, the attraction of a cottage right on the banks of the River Glaslyn may be irresistible. Si Yr Afon, a self-catering cottage in Beddgelert is a cozy stone house bedecked with window boxes, and just steps from the water’s edge. Gwynant Street, Beddgelert, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 4ND, United Kingdom 01766 890 415.
- Convenient holiday cottage in Snowdonia near pubs and shops. Llugwy Cottage in Betws-y-Coed is only a quick walk from pubs, shops, and quaint cafés. Visit nearby Swallow Falls, and the historic town of Conwy, a World Heritage Site. You can even bring your dog!
- Holiday cottage in Snowdonia for a large group. For a large group, try Ddol Helyg Barn in Llanberis which can accommodate up to 14 guests. With modern finishes and an eco-friendly design, Ddol Helyg is a comfortable base of operations for a larger party. Cwm y Glo, Llanberis, Caernarfon, North Wales LL55 4DA.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.