Holiday Punch Recipe
Celebrate the holidays with a fruity holiday punch recipe that is bound to be the favorite of your holiday guests and family. Serving a holiday punch will keep you from having to stock the bar, which can be expensive, and you will not have to collect the car keys from those who over indulge at the end of the evening. This mixture of three different fruit juices has a light flavor that will compliment any type of dish served at the holidays.
To make holiday punch, you will need:
- Punch Bowl
- 4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 8 cups Lemonade
- 4 ounces Maraschino cherries
- 2 liters Ginger Ale
- 1 Orange
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut each end off the orange. Cut the orange into 1/4 inch slices. Follow the instructions for making the frozen lemonade and measure eight cups or measure eight cups of non-frozen lemonade and set aside. Measure four cups of Cranberry juice and set aside. Measure out two cups of orange juice and set aside.
- Mix the holiday punch. Combine cranberry juice, lemonade, orange juice in the punch bowl and stir well. Add a 4 ounces (1 jar) of maraschino cherries and juice to the punch bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
- Serve the holiday punch. Remove the punch bowl from the refrigerator just before serving. Add two liters of chilled ginger ale and the orange slices to the punch bowl and stir. Serve at once.
- This fruity punch can be spiked for the adults by adding vodka, gin, or rum.
- Do not add ice cubes to the punch bowl. As the ice melts it will dilute the punch and ruin the flavor.