Hollywood Celebrity Deaths 2009
2009 was a sad year for many people; just consider the Hollywood celebrity deaths of 2009. For the families of these celebrities and their fans, life will never be the same. Some of these stars were musicians, some of these stars were actors. However, all of these stars were talented and loved by many and not a day will go by that they will not be missed.
- Celebrity Death of Michael Jackson: Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009. He was known as the King of Pop. He began singing as a child with his brothers in the legendary group The Jackson Five. He continued singing throughout his adult life. His records such as “Thriller,” and “Bad” became world best selling albums. The cause of his death has been reported as cardiac arrest due to possible over dose.
- Celebrity Death of Farrah Fawcett: This Hollywood star, Farrah Fawcett died on June 25, 2009. She suffered from a long bout of anal cancer. Farrah was mostly known for her role as Jill Munrore in Charlie’s Angels, the television show. However, she also acted in movies such as the “Burning Bed” and even starred in several off Broadway productions.
- Celebrity Death of Edward Kennedy: Ted Kennedy was a Democratic Senator for the United States. He served as Senator for the state of Massachusetts since 1962. He was also the youngest brother of President John F. Kennedy. He died from after a number of seizures which was caused from a brain tumor. He died on August 26, 2009.
- Celerity Death of Patrick Swayze: Patrick Swayze will be remembered as the dancer and actor who starred in “Dirty Dancing.” However, he had a number of other hit movies as well such as: “Ghost,” and he starred in the popular television mini-series “North and South.” Patrick battled a long bout of pancreatic cancer since his diagnosis in January of 2008. He lost his battle on September 14, 2009.
- Celebrity Death of Ed McMahon: Ed McMahon will be known mostly for his work as being the announcer on the tonight show with Johnny Carson and his own hosting duties on the popular television show Star Search. Ed died on June 23, 2009 in his sleep. The 86 year old man had suffered a number of health problems before his death including a broken neck. An unconfirmed report stated that Ed was also suffering from bone cancer.