Home Alarm Systems Do It Yourself
There are so many home security systems out there, but they can be pricey, so you may be curious about do it yourself home alarm systems. These do it yourself alarm systems can save you a lot of money and are incredibly simple to install. Here is one of the do it yourself home alarm systems you can purchase and install without hiring a company to do anything except monitor your system.
What you'll need:
- Internet connection
- LifeShield kit
- Basic installation knowledge
- Buy the kit. LifeShield has a do it yourself home alarm you can purchase that comes with all of the basics you'll need to install your home alarm system. The home alarm system kit can be optioned out, meaning you can add things to the system, such as extra remotes or a camera, but the basic kit has all that you'll need.
- Use the handy instructions. Each LifeShield kit comes with a fold-out instruction sheet that walks you through the installation step by step.
- Install the base. Start with the base's installation. Connect the base to the Internet by using the attached lines that should be located near your modem. Installation is simple by putting a line into the modem and one into the base. The base is like a telephone used to set your alarm, use the phone and see updates.
- Add handset and charger. Add the handset and charger. There are instructions on how to program each entry point, which will be discussed later; these are called sensors. These can be installed from the base or the console, whichever is more convenient when you are ready. You can locate this wherever you want such as a bedroom or den.
- Install the console. Install your console, which is like the control panel you see in many homes. This typically goes in the main area of the home near the doorway so that it can be set when leaving or disarmed when arriving. The last part is the grid extender that gives you extra coverage and is installed anywhere in the home or a neighbor's home if allowed.
- Install sensors. Now you are ready to install your sensors, which are what tells the control panel when a door or window is opened. These are placed wherever you wish to have coverage.
- Call LifeShield. Once you have everything set up, you can call LifeShield and let them know that you are all set up and ready to be monitored. They will monitor you for a week so you can get familiar with the setup of your home alarm system's style of monitoring. They can also answer any questions you may find that aren't covered in the guide.
LifeShield is a perfect home alarm system that will save you money and time. It's easy to install and maintain without a lot of installation know-how.