You can make a money-saving home remedy for clean boat seats instead of buying expensive cleaners. Boat seats are exposed to a lot of humidity so home remedies that clean and inhibit mold growth, such as vinegar or washing soda, serves a double cleaning purpose. Deeply soiled boat seats might require more than one treatment with the cleaning home remedy. Manufactured cleaners cost more than natural cleaners because they contain chemicals and have special packaging. Some of the chemicals found in manufactured cleaners can also be hard on your lungs, your skin, and the boat's interior. Using a home remedy for clean boat seats can be easier on your lungs, but might require extra elbow grease.
To make a home remedy for clean boat seats you need:
- 1 quart spray bottle (option 1)
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar (option 1)
- 2 cups water (option 1)
- 1 cup washing soda or borax (option 2)
- 1 gallon hot water (option 2)
- Soft bristled scrub brush (both options)
- Clean towels (both options)
The steps to follow to make and use white vinegar as a home remedy to clean boat seats:
- Pour the white vinegar and water into the spray bottle, and replace the nozzle.
- Shake the bottle to mix the vinegar and water. Only shake the bottle about three times.
- Mist a heavy layer of vinegar water over the boat seats. You should be able to see the cleaner shining on the surface of the seats.
- Let the cleaner soak into the grain of the boat seats for at least five minutes.
- Mist a second layer of vinegar water on the boat seats and scrub gently with the soft bristled brush. The bristles clean the deepest grains on vinyl seats.
- Wipe the vinegar water off the boat seats using the towel. You do not need to rinse the vinegar water off. It will dry without leaving residue or an odor.
- Repeat if the seats still look soiled, or follow up using the washing soda home remedy.
The steps to follow to make and use washing soda as a home remedy to clean boat seats:
- Pour the washing soda or borax into the washbasin. Washing soda and borax are normally found in a store's laundry section.
- Add the hot water to the washing soda.
- Dip the scrub brush into the cleaner and, with the brush dripping, begin to scrub the seats.
- Scrub lightly, going over the surface of the seats once to get them wet with cleaner. Wet the brush as often as needed to keep it dripping.
- Wait five minutes for the cleaner to soak into the dirt.
- Dip the brush in the cleaner again, and scrub the seats a second time.
- Wipe off the cleaner with the towel.
- Wet the corner of the towel with clean water, and wipe off the cleaner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!