If you prefer to feed the bass you're fishing for instead of using artificial lures, learn to make a few homemade bass bait recipes to mix it up and interest more fish in your hook during your next fishing trip. Bass can be picky fish but, depending on the season and how hungry they are, they'll bite on about anything. The below homemade bass bait recipes should have you yelling 'fish on' in no time flat.
To make a homemade bass bait recipe of leathery hot dogs, you will need:
- Hot dogs
- Wax paper
- Cover a piece of wax paper with borax in a thin layer. Cut hot dogs in small pieces, about 1/4" each. Lay the hot dog pieces on the borax coated wax paper.
- Give a light sprinkle of borax to coat the top of the hot dog pieces. Borax will cause the hot dogs, over a few days, to dehydrate and become leathery.
- Leave your future bass bait in a dry, cool area out of direct sunlight. Turn the pieces a few times a day. In two or three days, you'll have leathery hot dogs which will have the bass jumping out of the water in delight. For more flavor, sprinkle a bit of salmon oil over the recipe before storing in a jar for your next fishing trip.
To make a homemade bass recipe of dehydrated salmon pieces, you will need:
- A microwave
- A salmon fillet
- Salmon oil
- Bass love salmon but, if you don't use salmon eggs, you won't be able to get a piece of salmon to stay on your hook. So, place your whole salmon fillet in the microwave.
- Microwave on 50% power for twenty minutes, flipping it over (placing the top on the bottom) every five minutes. Depending on the strength of your microwave, it might take a bit longer or shorter time to dehydrate the salmon.
- Once dehydrated, break the salmon into small pieces. Sprinkle with salmon oil before storing in a jar and tossing into your bass fishing tackle box.
Here’s the thing about fishing games: sometimes their not very extreme. Never did we think that a fishing game would pus ...
Memorial Day weekend kick your butt? If you’re looking for a twist on the old-fashioned Bloody Mary, try this Bloody Mar ...
This weekend, he plays a British scientist charmed by Emily Blunt in the looks-like-the-perfect-date-flick Salmon Fishin ...