Homemade Fishing Bait Recipes For Catfish
Try these homemade fishing bait recipes for catfish before your next fishing trip. You don't need to spend a lot of money at a tackle store to catch fish. You can use ingredients you have right at home and make your own fishing bait.
1. Catfish Bait Recipe. This is one of the easiest fishing bait recipes that takes just minutes to prepare.
- 1 bottle vanilla extract
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- Take 1 bottle of vanilla extract and 1 can of whole kernel corn. Open the corn and drain out most of the water, leaving just about 1 inch in with the corn.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and stir until each kernel is covered with the extract. Place corn and liquid in a container you can seal until you need it.
- The next time you fish slide as many kernels of corn as you can onto the hook.
2. Trinity River Catfish Bait Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 beef bullion cubes
- 3 ounces lunch meat
- 3 Tbsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp onion powder
- 5 slices bread
- 4 Tbsp melted peanut butter
- 20 crackers.
- Boil water and add bullion cubes.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and mix.
- Roll into balls and place in sealed container.
3. Chicken Liver Catfish Bait Recipe
- 1 lb partially frozen chicken livers
- 1/2 box cornflakes
- 1/2 cup garlic powder
- 1/3 cup each of parmesan cheese, molasses, sugar
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend well.
- Roll into balls to fit on a hook.
- Keep in a sealed container. Freeze what you don't use for your next fishing trip.
4. Garlic Weenies Fishing Bait For Catfish
- 5 hot dogs
- jar of crushed garlic
- dash of salt
- Slice hotdogs into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices
- Place in container and add garlic and salt.
- Seal and keep refrigerated until use.