Homemade Fishing Bait Recipes
There are many different homemade fishing bait recipes out there but some of them are time consuming and just don't give you the results you are looking for. So before you go back and use those same old recipes give these a try. They will surely give you maximum results but will require very little effort and time.
Cat Food Dough Balls
- Fancy feast cat food (tuna and shrimp)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tsp flour
- In a large bowl add the fancy feast cat food and sprinkle in some shredded cheese.
- Mix in the flour, you may need more flour if it is not the right consistency. You want it to be thick dough-like.
- Roll the dough into little balls.
- Put in a plastic bag and allow to sit in the freezer for half an hour. This will harden the balls.
- Remove from freezer and store your fish bait dough balls into a container until you are ready to go fishing. You could also sprinkle your fish bait dough balls with some garlic powder because it will help attract the fish even more.
Dough Balls with Tuna Juice
- 1 package biscuit dough
- 2 cans tuna in oil
- Shredded cheese
- Remove the biscuit dough from the container and lay four of the biscuits on a flat surface. You can use more if you want to make more bait.
- Break the biscuit dough in half and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up each half into a ball.
- Place your fish bait into a plastic bag and pour the oil from the tuna into the bag. You do not pour the tuna inside, just the juice. You can save the tuna and make a sandwich for yourself.
- Place in the refrigerator the night before your fishing trip.
- Remove your bait and go fishing.
Hot Dog Bait
- 1 pack of hot dogs
- Garlic salt or powder
- Cut each hot dog one-inch length wise.
- Put the hot dogs into a plastic bag and sprinkle garlic salt or powder on them very generously.
- Put your hot dog fish bait in the refrigerator and allow to sit for at least a day. You could also pour tuna juice into the bag along with the garlic.
- Remove your bait when it’s time to go fishing.