There are several homemade grape wine recipes that are quite easy to make and have a pleasing taste. It's a simple process using common ingredients, but if you're looking to perfect the taste of homemade wine in the first try, be prepared to keep trying. Perfecting the right taste is considered an art, and some have said that can take years. However, it can be a fun hobby to many, in attempting to perfect their own perfect tasting homemade grape wines, and listed are some recipes that anyone can work from.
Homemade grape wine recipe using juice.
To make homemade grape wine using juice, you will need:
- gallon jugs
- rubber bands
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1 can of frozen grape juice concentrate
- 4 quarts of cold water and
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- Mix the thawed juice concentrate and yeast in a gallon jug.
- Rinse a large balloon and place it over the mouth of the jug with a rubber band.
- Place the jug in a dark cool area for a day or two so it can ferment properly.
- The balloon will begin expanding as gases are released as a result of the sugar fermenting into alcohol.
- Wait until the balloon completely deflates, which will take about six weeks, and then you know the fermenting process is complete.
- Drink Your homemade grape wine recipe is now ready for tasting and drinking.
Homemade grape wine recipe using grapes.
To make homemade grape wine using grapes, you will need:
- nylon bag for straining grapes
- heavy plastic container with a lid (for fermentation)
- gallon jugs
- acid titration kit
- 1 packet of wine yeast
- 1 Campden tablet
- tartaric acid
- table sugar
- 18 lbs. of ripe, red grapes
- When harvesting grapes to make your homemade grape wine, try to make sure they've reached 22 to 24 percent sugar. This consistency can be checked with a hydrometer.
- Sterilize. You will also need to sterilize all of the wine making equipment before use.
- Place your grapes in the nylon straining bag and mash your grapes completely.
- Crush the Campden tablet over the bag, then cover the container with cheesecloth for one hour.
- Check the temperature and if it's between 70 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit, take a juice sample and calculate its acidity with the titration kit.
- Yeast. Next the yeast will need to be dissolved in warm water until bubbles form on the water's surface.
- Pour the yeast formula in the nylon bag and mix the bag of ingredients well.
- Cover once again with the cheesecloth and set the mixture in a warm area to ferment for several days.
- Strain. Then strain the liquid, allowing it to ferment for another 10 days before tasting or chilling.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.