Having homemade hunting bait recipes will ensure that you get the most wildlife in your hunting area. Of course, ensure that you know the rules and regulations for the area before trying to bait wildlife. There may be codes that are enforced to not allow bait to be used against animals. The perfect bait will get you close enough to the animal, and allow you to view wildlife without having to spend much money to see them.
Peanut Butter Bait
You will need:
- 2 Capfuls of Worcestershire
- 1 Can of Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Can of Apple Juice
- 4 Spoons of Peanut Butter
- Pot with Lid
- Remove the kernels from the can. Keep just the juice for mixture. You do not want the kernels to be in the mixture.
- Add the contents above together slowly. Make sure to mix each of them in together so they make a nice blended paste.
- Add the blended contents to the pot. You will want to place it on medium high heat on the stove and cover the pot with the lid. Bring the contents to a boiling point then remove them from the heat.
- Refrigerate the contents that you do not use. You can also use the contents right away if you would like once they cool. Sprinkle it in a hole in the ground, and rub the paste on trees and other items to catch the perfect deer.
Warning: Stove contents will be hot once they are boiled. Remove from the heat on the stove with caution. Cool for at least ten to twenty minutes before placing the contents into a container.
- Red Trace Mineral Salt
- Liquid Molassas
- Make a mixture of the Red Trace Mineral Salt and Liquid Molassas. Red Trace Mineral Salt is used in the farm industry, and can be found affordably in any farm and feed shop.
- Dig a hole in the ground, or even use a tree stump to pour the mixture into or over. You want to make sure the mixture is mixed in with a little dirt to blend into the surrounding.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bait
- Peanut Butter
- Cooking Oil
- Apple Juice
- Mix the peanut butter and cooking oil together to create a paste. Add the apple juice and salt, and mix around evenly throughout the mixture.
- Mix together the corn and choclate. The choclate should be melted onto the corn, or squirted from a bottle.
- Mix the two mixtures together. Then you will want to put it on a tree stump, or dig a hole and place it in the ground. Make sure to mix the mixture with a bit of dirt.
Warning: Make sure to adhere to the hunting bait laws in the state that you live in.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.