Many people do not realize how easy it is to make wine but these homemade wine recipes will show you that all it takes is a few ingredients and a little bit of time to make wine that you will love. The only thing that might be hard to find is patience, as it can take up to a year for some wines to mature.
Basic Homemade Wine Recipe
- .25 ounces of active dry yeast
- 4 cups of sugar
- 12 ounces of any thawed juice concentrate (except citrus)
- 3 ½ quarts of cold water
- Combine the juice concentrate, sugar, and yeast in a gallon jug and fill up the rest with the cold water.
- Clean out a large balloon to fit over the jug opening and secure it with a rubber band.
- The jug should be stored in a dark, cool place. The balloon will expand as gas is released and when the balloon has deflated again, which takes about six weeks, it is ready to drink.
Homemade Blueberry Wine Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds of blueberries
- 1 pound of raisins
- 2 pounds of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of pectic enzyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons of acid blend
- ½ teaspoon of yeast energizer
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 Campden tablet, crushed
- Wine yeast
- Bring the water to a boil while washing and crushing the blueberries.
- Place the blueberries in a fermentation container that will hold at least seven to ten gallons.
- Add the sugar, raisins, enzyme, yeast energizer, acid blend and Campden tablet.
- Add the boiling water and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- The liquid must cool to 70 degrees and then it’s time to add the yeast.
- Stir together all the ingredients and cover with a cloth.
- Continue stirring the wine daily for a week.
- Strain the pulp and siphon into a glass fermentation container.
- Let the wine age for at least one year.
Homemade Watermelon Wine Recipe
- 2 large ripe watermelons
- 5 pounds of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of acid blend
- 1 crushed Campden tablet
- 1 ½ teaspoons of yeast nutrient
- 1 packet of Champagne yeast
- Using a juicer, extract the juice from the watermelons, discard the pulp and pour the juice into a fermentation container.
- Add the sugar, crushed Campden tablet, acid blend and yeast extract.
- Cover the mixture and allow it to sit for one day.
- Add the yeast and stir at least once a day for a week.
- Let the mixture rest for a week without stirring.
- Place the wine in a second fermentation container and seal with airlock.
- After three months, pour the wine into bottles and allow it to age for at least one year.
Homemade Orange Wine Recipe
- 10 pounds of ripe oranges
- 6 pounds of granulated sugar
- 2 gallons of water
- ½ teaspoon of grape tannin
- 2 teaspoons of yeast nutrient
- 1 ounce of wine yeast
- Bring the two gallons of water to a boil while peeling the oranges, being careful to remove all of the pith.
- Separate oranges into sections and remove seeds.
- Blend the orange sections and liquefy.
- Put the liquefied oranges, tannin, yeast and sugar into a primary fermentation container and then add the boiling water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cover and cool the mixture until it is room temperature.
- Add the yeast, cover, and ferment the wine for one week.
- Strain the liquid and transfer it into a glass fermentation container and seal with airtight lid.
- Allow the wine to sit for four months and then pour into bottles.
- Allow the wine to age for at least one year before opening.
After a year of waiting you will probably be more than ready to try these wonderful homemade wine recipes so plan a night of wine tasting with your friends. Remember to have a designated driver if your friends will be going home after the tasting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …