Hookah Bars In Los Angeles
If you live in or are visiting the City of Angels and enjoy hookah bars, you might be interested to know what the best hookah bars in Los Angeles are. Hookah bars have been gaining in popularity in recent years. A hookah is a single or multi-stemmed instrument for smoking (think of it as a large communal bong) in which the smoke is cooled and filtered by passing it through water. The tobacco smoked is flavored and is called shisha.
- Ali Mama Cafe – This hookah bar located on W Sunset Blvd has many hookah flavors to choose from. The staff is very friendly and the food and drink is excellent (especially the Turkish coffee). You can bring your own alcohol, and the café provides playing cards and board games for your amusement. Open late, a big screen TV, an outdoor patio and black light are other highlights. The Ali Mama Cafe can be found at: 3229 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Isis Lounge and Restaurant – Located in Pasadena, Isis isn’t only a hookah bar. The food is tremendous; it’s as good as any restaurant you would go to for Mediterranean food. The prices are the very reasonable, especially since the hookah is of higher quality than most you’ll find in Los Angeles. Service is also great; the staff treats you feel like family. Isis Lounge and Restaurant's address is: 1615 E Washington Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91104
- Xai Verandah Lounge – Located on Sunset, the Xai lounge has an inviting layout that is both spacious and alluring. It has both indoor and outdoor seating available to go along with great decor. The hookah is top-notch and the prices are very reasonable. The teas offered at Xai taste fantastic. Valet parking is available and Xai also offers great food, drinks, location and ambience. This is a great hookah bar. It’s also a great place to bring a date. The Xai Lounge is located at: 7677 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- The Spot – Located in Encino, The Spot is a staple of the valley. It’s possesses a great environment, has good music, serves high-quality hookahs and provides superb food - all for reasonable prices. The Spot is always packed with crowds, mostly of Middle Eastern descent, but everyone is very friendly. This hookah bar is truly “the spot” to go if you want to have a great hookah experience. To get to The Spot, go to: 17200 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91316
- Gypsy Café - This Westwood haunt is one of the best known hookah bars in the city, and it's almost always busy. A diverse selection of Middle Eastern and Continental foods (from kabobs to pasta) is on the menu, but you go to the Gypsy for the great hookah. There are over forty different flavors of shisha to select from. The flavors include apple, mint, melon and strawberry, among others. The weekends are especially crowded; that's when the UCLA students come in to get their hookah fix. The Gypsy Cafe can be found at: 940 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024